Malaysia reported 1937 new COVID-19 cases and 9 deaths today, but discharged 911 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 12 December 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 911 Patients Discharged!
At 6 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 911 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 68,084 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 82.8%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1937 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 1937 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 2 cases imported from overseas
– both cases in KL
- 1935 local cases
– 823 cases in Selangor : 664 from existing clusters, 50 from close contact screening, 109 from assorted screening
– 429 cases in Sabah : 211 from existing clusters, 2 from new Bukit Gemok Cluster, 123 from close contact screening, 93 from assorted screening
– 236 cases in KL : 192 from existing clusters, 10 from new Cendana Construction Site Cluster, 8 from close contact screening, 26 from assorted screening
– 105 cases in Johor : 73 from existing clusters, 19 from close contact screening, 13 from assorted screening
– 102 cases in Penang : 71 from existing clusters, 17 from close contact screening, 14 from assorted screening
– 79 cases in Pahang : 53 from existing clusters, 25 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 62 cases in Perak : 54 from existing clusters, 4 from close contact screening, 4 from assorted screening
– 49 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 36 from existing clusters, 3 from close contact screening, 10 from assorted screening
– 16 cases in Perak : 9 from existing clusters, 4 from close contact screening, 3 from assorted screening
– 15 cases in Melaka : 6 from existing clusters, 2 from close contact screening, 7 from assorted screening
– 11 cases in Labuan : 3 from existing clusters, 2 from close contact screening, 6 from assorted screening
– 6 cases in Terengganu : 5 from new Dang Mutiara Cluster, 1 from close contact screening
– 1 case in Sarawak : from assorted screening
– 1 case in Kelantan : from close contact screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 82,246, with 13,751 active cases – a huge increase of 1017 cases.
They also shared that there are 2 fewer patients in the ICU – 121 cases right now, and 3 additional patients requiring respiratory support – 66 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states (as of yesterday).
Sabah is at the top with 32,495 cases, followed by Selangor with 20,612 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 7,946 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 6,235 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : NINE Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced NINE deaths today, which means a total of 411 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.50%.
Death #403 : Case 47390 was a 41 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes and obesity. He passed away at the Enche’ Besar Hajjah Khalsom Hospital in Kluang, Johor.
Death #404 : Case 52970 was a 58 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes and chronic kidney disease. He passed away at the Tuaran Hospital in Sabah.
Death #405 : Case 64325 was an 84 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, chronic kidney disease and dyslipidemia. He passed away at the Penang Hospital.
Death #406 : Case 67155 was a 71 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes and chronic kidney disease. He passed away at the Enche’ Besar Hajjah Khalsom Hospital in Kluang, Johor.
Death #407 : Case 67928 was a 49 year-old Malaysian female, with a history of diabetes, hypertension, chronic kidney disease and stroke. She passed away at the Enche’ Besar Hajjah Khalsom Hospital in Kluang, Johor.
Death #408 : Case 78952 was a 74 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, hypothyroidism and gout. She passed away at the Duchess of Kent Hospital in Sabah.
Death #409 : Case 79026 was a 65 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension and dyslipidemia. Her body was brought to the Duchess of Kent Hospital in Sabah.
Death #410 : Case 69654 was a 33 year-old foreign male, who passed away at the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #411 : Case 79027 was a 38 year-old foreign male, with a history of paralysis. His body was brought to the Duchess of Kent Hospital in Sabah.
Day 184 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 184th day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
Recommended : New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 402 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 11 December 2020
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Closed After 162 Workers COVID-19 Positive!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- COVID-19 Tests + Costs @ Government Health Facilities!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!