Malaysia reported 1220 new COVID-19 cases and 3 deaths today, but discharged 1297 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 17 December 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1297 Patients Discharged!
At 6 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 1297 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 74,030 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 83.1%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1220 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 1220 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 6 cases imported from overseas
– all from Sarawak
- 1214 local cases
– 368 cases in Selangor : 94 from existing clusters, 153 from close contact screening, 121 from assorted screening
– 297 cases in KL : 173 from existing clusters, 62 from new Jalan Rusa Cluster and Pacific Construction Site Cluster, 18 from close contact screening, 44 from assorted screening
– 184 cases in Sabah : 13 from existing clusters, 1 from new Maringkan Cluster, 97 from close contact screening, 73 from assorted screening
– 98 cases in Melaka : all from existing clusters
– 80 cases in Penang : 53 from existing clusters, 8 from close contact screening, 19 from assorted screening
– 67 cases in Johor : 21 from existing clusters, 32 from close contact screening, 14 from assorted screening
– 41 cases in Perak : 37 from existing clusters, 2 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 33 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 17 from existing clusters, 10 from close contact screening, 6 from assorted screening
– 16 cases in Labuan : 5 from existing clusters, 5 from close contact screening, 6 from assorted screening
– 10 cases in Kelantan : 3 from existing clusters, 7 from close contact screening
– 9 cases in Kedah : 2 from existing clusters, 5 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 4 cases in Pahang : all from assorted screening
– 3 cases in Sarawak : all from assorted screening
– 2 cases in Terengganu : from existing cluster
– 2 cases in Putrajaya : from close contact screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 89,133, with 14,671 active cases – a drop of 80 cases.
They also shared that there are 7 fewer patients in the ICU – 106 cases right now, and no change in patients requiring respiratory support – 53 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states (as of yesterday).
Sabah is at the top with 33,823 cases, followed by Selangor with 22,931 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 9,426 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 6,684 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : THREE Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced THREE deaths today, which means a total of 432 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.48%.
Death #430 : Case 64470 was a 36 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension, and chronic kidney disease. He passed away at the Enche’ Besar Hajjah Khalsom Hospital, in Kluang, Johor.
Death #431 : Case 68320 was an 55 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension and heart disease. He passed away at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Sabah.
Death #432 : Case 86886 was a 81 year-old foreign male, with a history of hypertension, chronic kidney disease, heart disease and gout. He passed away at the Duchess of Kent Hospital, Sabah.
Day 189 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 189th day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
Recommended : New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- 429 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 16 December 2020
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Closed After 162 Workers COVID-19 Positive!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- COVID-19 Tests + Costs @ Government Health Facilities!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!