Malaysia reported 1340 new COVID-19 cases and 4 deaths, but discharged 1067 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 20 December 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1067 Patients Discharged!
At 6:50 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 1067 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 77,309 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 82.9%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1340 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 1340 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 3 cases imported from overseas
– 2 cases in Sarawak
– 1 case in Selangor
- 1337 local cases
– 440 cases in Selangor : 128 from existing clusters, 200 from close contact screening, 112 from assorted screening
– 284 cases in KL : 66 from existing clusters, 140 from new Metropolis Construction Site Cluster, 36 from close contact screening, 42 from assorted screening
– 196 cases in Sabah : 32 from existing clusters, 18 from new Maju Estate Cluster, 87 from close contact screening, 59 from assorted screening
– 169 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 166 from existing clusters, 3 from close contact screening
– 156 cases in Johor : 105 from existing clusters, 18 from new Batu 39 Cluster, 21 from close contact screening, 12 from assorted screening
– 30 cases in Penang : 19 from existing clusters, 5 from close contact screening, 6 from assorted screening
– 27 cases in Labuan : 6 from existing clusters, 19 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 12 cases in Pahang : 6 from close contact screening, 6 from assorted screening
– 10 cases in Perak : 6 from existing clusters, 2 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 6 cases in Kedah : 5 from existing clusters, 1 from assorted screening
– 2 cases in Terengganu : 2 from close contact screening
– 2 cases in Putrajaya : 1 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 1 case in Melaka : from assorted screening
– 1 case in Sarawak : from assorted screening
– 1 case in Kelantan : from close contact screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 93,309, with 15,563 active cases – an increase of 269 cases.
They also shared that there are 4 additional patients in the ICU – 116 cases right now, and 1 additional patient requiring respiratory support – 57 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Sabah is at the top with 34,478 cases, followed by Selangor with 24,465 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 10,108 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 7,045 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : FOUR Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced FOUR deaths today, which means a total of 437 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.47%.
Death #434 : Case 63582 was a 63 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, stroke and obesity. He passed away in the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #435 : Case 70071 was a 67 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of hypertension. He passed away in the Penang Hospital.
Death #436 : Case 72925 was a 78 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of hypertension and heart disease. He passed away in the Tawau Hospital in Sabah.
Death #437 : Case 91013 was a 77 year-old foreign male, whose body was brought to the Duchess of Kent Hospital in Sabah.
Day 192 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 192nd day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
Recommended : New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 433 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 19 December 2020
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December For 7 States / Areas!
- Man Only Fined RM2K For Assaulting Lady Who Honked Him!
- ZARA @ MyTOWN : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Closed After 162 Workers COVID-19 Positive!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!