Malaysia reported 1348 new COVID-19 cases and 5 deaths, but discharged 710 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 23 December 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 710 Patients Discharged!
At 6:15 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 710 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 80,014 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 81.0%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1348 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 1348 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 16 cases imported from overseas
– 12 cases in Selangor
– 3 cases in KL
– 1 case in Sarawak
- 1332 local cases
– 523 cases in Selangor : 209 from existing clusters, 154 from close contact screening, 160 from assorted screening
– 223 cases in KL : 145 from existing clusters, 15 from new Jalan Panah Construction Site and Menara Wang clusters, 14 from close contact screening, 49 from assorted screening
– 189 cases in Sabah : 14 from existing clusters, 5 from new Saga Tengah Cluster, 113 from close contact screening, 57 from assorted screening
– 124 cases in Melaka : 123 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening
– 118 cases in Johor : 80 from existing clusters, 24 from close contact screening, 14 from assorted screening
– 45 cases in Pahang : 44 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening
– 43 cases in Penang : 12 from existing clusters, 9 from close contact screening, 22 from assorted screening
– 31 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 6 from existing clusters, 15 from close contact screening, 10 from assorted screening
– 14 cases in Kedah : 1 from existing cluster, 8 from new Kolam Air Cluster, 3 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 8 cases in Perak : 6 from existing clusters, 1 from new Hala Mutiara Cluster, 1 from close contact screening
– 4 cases in Kelantan : 1 from close contact screening, 3 from assorted screening
– 4 cases in Putrajaya : 1 from close contact screening, 3 from assorted screening
– 3 cases in Sarawak : all from assorted screening
– 2 cases in Labuan : both from existing clusters
– 1 case in Terengganu : from assorted screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 98,737, with 18,279 active cases – a huge increase of 633 cases.
They also shared that there are 9 fewer patients in the ICU – 102 cases right now, and 7 fewer patients requiring respiratory support – 44 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Sabah is at the top with 35,166 cases, followed by Selangor with 27,218 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 11,045 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 7,191 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : FIVE Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced FIVE deaths today, which means a total of 444 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.45%.
Death #440 : Case 69732 was a 40 year-old Malaysian female, with a history of hypertension, asthma and obesity. She passed away in the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #441 : Case 75697 was a 67 year-old Malaysian female, with a history of diabetes, dyslipidemia and hypothyroidism. She passed away in the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #442 : Case 95578 was a 49 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, stroke and heart disease. His body was brought to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Sabah.
Death #443 : Case 97017 was a 71 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes, hypertension and heart disease. He passed away in the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #444 : Case 97153 was a 68 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of diabetes and hypertension. He passed away in the Tengku Ja’afar Hospital in Negeri Sembilan.
Day 195 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 195th day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
Recommended : New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- 439 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 22 December 2020
- Karex Pontian : Closed After 28 COVID-19 Cases!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Two Panasonic Factories Closed After 116 Gets COVID-19!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December For 7 States / Areas!
- Man Only Fined RM2K For Assaulting Lady Who Honked Him!
- ZARA @ MyTOWN : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- Arte Cheras : Closed After 162 Workers COVID-19 Positive!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!