Malaysia reported 1581 new COVID-19 cases and 2 deaths, but discharged 1085 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 24 December 2020…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1085 Patients Discharged!
At 6:15 PM today, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 1085 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 81,099 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 80.8%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1581 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 1581 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 2 cases imported from overseas
– 1 case each in Selangor and Sarawak
- 1579 local cases
– 490 cases in Selangor : 68 from existing clusters, 101 from new Kebun Baru and Sungai Burong clusters, 206 from close contact screening, 115 from assorted screening
– 379 cases in KL : 251 from existing clusters, 34 from new Jalan Tun Construction Site and Jalan Pandan clusters, 57 from close contact screening, 37 from assorted screening
– 249 cases in Sabah : 20 from existing clusters, 140 from close contact screening, 89 from assorted screening
– 144 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 127 from existing clusters, 14 from close contact screening, 3 from assorted screening
– 115 cases in Johor : 80 from existing clusters, 17 from close contact screening, 18 from assorted screening
– 76 cases in Melaka : 72 from existing clusters, 4 from close contact screening
– 37 cases in Penang : 14 from existing clusters, 6 from close contact screening, 17 from assorted screening
– 26 cases in Perak : 14 from existing clusters, 7 from close contact screening, 5 from assorted screening
– 26 cases in Labuan : 6 from existing cluster, 9 from close contact screening, 11 from assorted screening
– 12 cases in Pahang : 8 from existing clusters, 3 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 9 cases in Kelantan : 2 from existing clusters, 5 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 7 cases in Terengganu : 3 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening, 3 from assorted screening
– 4 cases in Kedah : 2 from existing clusters, 2 from assorted screening
– 4 cases in Putrajaya : 1 from existing cluster, 1 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
– 1 case in Sarawak : from assorted screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 100,318, with 18,773 active cases – an increase of 494 cases.
They also shared that there was no additional patients in the ICU – 102 cases right now, but one additional patient requiring respiratory support – 45 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Sabah is at the top with 35,415 cases, followed by Selangor with 27,709 cases, Kuala Lumpur with 11,424 cases, and Negeri Sembilan with 7,335 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : TWO Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced TWO deaths today, which means a total of 446 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.44%.
Death #445 : Case 46551 was a 15 year-old Malaysian female, whose body was brought to the Lahad Datu Hospital in Sabah.
Death #446 : Case 97575 was a 61 year-old Malaysian male, with a history of hypertension, dyslipidemia and stroke. His body was brought to the Duchess of Kent Hospital in Sabah.
Day 196 Of COVID-19 RMCO In Malaysia
Today marks the 196th day of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will last until 31 December, 2020.
Under RMCO, most businesses are allowed to reopen, with a new normal of restrictions on social distancing and other measures.
Recommended : New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
Recommended : New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Wisma 99 Speedmart : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Malaysia : COVID-19 Vaccine Maybe Available Only In April!
- 444 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 23 December 2020
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Karex Pontian : Closed After 28 COVID-19 Cases!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Two Panasonic Factories Closed After 116 Gets COVID-19!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December For 7 States / Areas!
- Man Only Fined RM2K For Assaulting Lady Who Honked Him!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!