The Malaysia Ministry of Health just announced that 138 healthcare workers have been confirmed to be COVID-19 positive. Here are the details…
COVID-19 in Malaysia : Situation On 3 April 2020
The fight against COVID-19 in Malaysia continues, with 217 new cases on 3 April 2020, bringing up the total to 3,333 cases.
Malaysia also discharged 60 patients who have fully recovered, for a total of 827 recoveries – a recovery rate of 24.8% so far.
Unfortunately, another 3 patients died, which means a total of 53 people have died of COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 1.59%.
Recommended : COVID-19 in Malaysia : 3333 Cases, 217 New, 3 More Dead
COVID-19 in Malaysia : 138 Healthcare Workers Infected
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced today that, as of 12 PM on 2 April 2020, a total of 138 healthcare workers were confirmed COVID-19 positive.
However, none were infected through managing patients in the COVID-19 wards or ICUs in their healthcare facilities.
- 58 cases (42%) were traced to a wedding that was attended by a case who attended the Tabligh congregation in Seri Petaling.
- 14 cases (10.1%) were traced to Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI) and mildly symptomatic cases that were unaware they were infected, or did not reveal details about their status. Two cases did not reveal that they attended the Tabligh congregation in Seri Petaling.
- 9 cases (6.5%) had close contact with family members who were COVID-19 positive.
- 6 cases (4.3%) had history of overseas travel.
- 4 cases (2.9%) had close contact with friends with who were COVID-19 positive.
- 3 cases (2.2%) were exposed during screening activities in the field.
- 2 cases (1.4%) attend the Tabligh congregation in Seri Petaling.
- remaining 42 cases (30.4%) were still under investigation.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health also called on those who seek treatment to be HONEST about their history of contact with COVID-19 positive patients, attendance at any gatherings, and foreign travel.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 3333 Cases, 217 New, 3 More Dead
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- COVID-19 : Menara City One Under Enhanced MCO!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 : Hulu Langat Area Under Enhanced MCO!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- MAEPS Converted Into 500-Bed COVID-19 Hospital
- COVID-19 : Simpang Renggam Under Enhanced MCO!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- BNM Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : Nothing To Lose!
- BNM Credit Card Term Loan Conversion : Worth It?
- BNM Loan Moratorium / Deferment : Should You Accept It?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- What Happens When A Suspected COVID-19 Case Lies!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : Genuine But NOT Approved Yet!
- What Happens When A COVID-19 Close Contact Lies!
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
- MBPJ : Food Outlets Open With Conditions During Lockdown!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Lockdown : Frequently Asked Questions!
- Malaysia NATIONWIDE COVID-19 Restrictions : Full Details!
- COVID-19 : This Tabligh Participant Refused To Be Tested?
- COVID-19 : Almost 5000 Tabligh Participants Tested!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6002 Cases, 4171 Healed, 102 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 5945 Cases, 4087 Healed, 100 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6535 Cases, 4864 Healed, 107 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6589 Cases, 4929 Healed, 108 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : PJ Old Town Locked Down! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6978 Cases, 5646 Healed, 114 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7059 Cases, 5796 Healed, 114 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7185 Cases, 5912 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7604 Cases, 6041 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7762 Cases, 6330 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7857 Cases, 6404 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8445 Cases, 7311 Recovered, 120 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8453 Cases, 7346 Recovered, 121 Dead | Rojak Pot