Malaysia reported 3297 new COVID-19 cases and 5 deaths, but also discharged 4456 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 21 February 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 4456 Patients Discharged!
On 21 February 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 4456 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 249,209 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 87.9%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 3297 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 3297 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 6 cases imported from overseas
– 4 in Selangor, 1 in Johor, 1 in KL
- 3291 local cases
– 1215 cases in Perak : 141 from existing clusters, 1046 from new Jalan Changkat Jong Cluster, 16 from close contact screening, 12 from assorted screening
– 864 cases in Selangor : 339 from existing clusters, 456 from close contact screening, 69 from assorted screening
– 430 cases in Johor : 157 from existing clusters, 103 from new Jalan Cemerlang Besi, Persiaran Cemerlang, Jalan Kelapa Mawar, Jalan Kota Kulai and Jalan Pandan Ria clusters, 93 from close contact screening, 77 from assorted screening
– 185 cases in Sarawak : 47 from existing clusters, 95 from close contact screening, 43 from assorted screening
– 127 cases in Penang : 34 from existing clusters, 20 from new Perusahaan Baru Cluster, 25 from close contact screening, 48 from assorted screening
– 122 cases in KL : 7 from existing clusters, 64 from close contact screening, 51 from assorted screening
– 122 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 63 from existing clusters, 33 from close contact screening, 26 from assorted screening
– 85 cases in Sabah : 15 from existing clusters, 45 from close contact screening, 25 from assorted screening
– 65 cases in Melaka : 54 from existing clusters, 4 from close contact screening, 7 from assorted screening
– 30 cases in Kelantan : 23 from close contact screening, 7 from assorted screening
– 15 cases in Kedah : 3 from existing clusters, 5 from close contact screening, 7 from assorted screening
– 12 cases in Terengganu : 6 from existing clusters, 6 from close contact screening
– 9 cases in Pahang : 6 from existing clusters, 2 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 7 cases in Putrajaya : 6 from existing clusters, 1 from close contact screening
– 3 cases in Labuan : 1 from close contact screening, 2 from assorted screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 283,569, with 33,304 active cases – a large drop of 1164 cases.
They also shared that there are 2 additional patients in the ICU – 209 cases right now, and no additional patient requiring respiratory support – 91 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 94,395 cases, followed by Sabah with 52,064 cases, Johor with 33,813 cases, and Kuala Lumpur with 33,340 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 5 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 5 deaths today. That means a total of 1,056 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.37%.
Death #1052 : Case 231448 was a 62 year-old Malaysian female, with history of diabetes, hypertension and chronic kidney disease. She passed away at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital in Terengganu.
Death #1053 : Case 240704 was a 82 year-old Malaysian male, with history of diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, chronic kidney disease and stroke. He passed away at the Canselor Tuanku Muhriz Hospital in KL.
Death #1054 : Case 272152 was a 76 year-old Malaysian male, with history of lymphoma. He passed away at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital in Terengganu.
Death #1055 : Case 278223 was a 74 year-old Malaysian male, with history of diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, and heart disease. He passed away at the Serdang Hospital in Selangor.
Death #1056 : Case 278558 was a 29 year-old foreign female, with history of hypertension. His body was brought to the Ampang Hospital in Selangor.
Day 40 Of MCO 2.0 In Malaysia
Public events, entertainment outlet and group sports are forbidden. Even schools are closed with education mostly conducted online.
Recommended : Follow This MCO 2.0 SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 1056 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 21 February 2021
- Village Grocer EkoCheras Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- All Schools In Malaysia To Reopen In March / April 2021!
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Staff + Partners Positive For COVID-19!
- MCO U-Turn : No More Limit Of 2 Persons Per Table / Car!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Another COVID-19 Case!
- 10 KM Limit Lifted, But No Interstate / Inter-District Travel!
- MCO / CMCO / RMCO : Extended To 4 March 2021!
- Bagan Specialist Centre : 5 Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer Jaya 33 : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Goodbye, ntv7 … and hello, DidikTV KPM!
- Tesco Stores In Malaysia Are Now Lotus’s Stores!
- Village Grocer Avenue K : Employee Positive For COVID-19
- MYDIN Bukit Mertajam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Seremban 2 : Closed 1 Week After COVID-19 Exposure!
- All Citizens + Foreigners Will Get FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
- MCO : Driving + Flight Schools Can Reopen!
- MCO : Fishing, Gym, Golf, Motorsports Now Allowed!
- Giant Seri Kembangan : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- MKN : Use MySejahtera, Not Log Book, Or Get Fined!
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!