Malaysia reported 1555 new COVID-19 cases and 6 deaths, but discharged 2528 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 2 March 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 2528 Patients Discharged!
On 2 March 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 2528 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 278,431 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 91.5%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 1555 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 1555 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
- 3 cases imported from overseas
– 1 in KL, 1 in Selangor, 1 in Sarawak
- 1552 local cases
– 671 cases in Selangor : 111 from existing clusters, 32 from new Taman Alam, Sementa 27 and Jalan Mawar clusters, 430 from close contact screening, 98 from assorted screening
– 452 cases in Johor : 48 from existing clusters, 41 from new Jalan Cyber Satu and Jalan DPB Enam clusters, 45 from close contact screening, 29 from assorted screening
– 158 cases in Sarawak : 54 from existing clusters, 37 from close contact screening, 67 from assorted screening
– 144 cases in KL : 32 from existing clusters, 71 from close contact screening, 41 from assorted screening
– 115 cases in Negeri Sembilan : 72 from existing clusters, 16 from new Jalan Bukit Blossoms Cluster, 15 from close contact screening, 12 from assorted screening
– 106 cases in Penang : 11 from existing clusters, 3 from new Persiaran Bayan Indah Cluster, 17 from close contact screening, 75 from assorted screening
– 63 cases in Perak : 51 from existing clusters, 4 from close contact screening, 8 from assorted screening
– 53 cases in Sabah : 16 from existing clusters, 22 from close contact screening, 22 from assorted screening
– 46 cases in Kelantan : 19 from existing clusters, 19 from close contact screening, 8 from assorted screening
– 11 cases in Kedah : 1 from existing cluster, 1 from close contact screening, 9 from assorted screening
– 11 cases in Melaka : 3 from existing clusters, 8 from assorted screening
– 7 cases in Terengganu : 4 from existing clusters, 2 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 3 cases in Pahang : 2 from close contact screening, 1 from assorted screening
– 1 case in Putrajaya : from close contact screening
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 304,135, with 24,563 active cases – a big drop of 979 cases.
They also shared that there are 6 additional patients in the ICU – 204 cases right now, and 6 additional patients requiring respiratory support – 96 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 101,018 cases, followed by Sabah with 53,043 cases, Johor with 36,610 cases, and Kuala Lumpur with 35,193 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 6 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 6 deaths today. That means a total of 1,141 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 0.38%.
Death #1136 : Case 170208 was a 66 year-old Malaysian male, with history of chronic kidney disease, heart disease, and thyroid cancer. He passed away at the Duchess of Kent Hospital in Sabah.
Death #1137 : Case 264995 was a 62 year-old Malaysian male, with history of diabetes, hypertension and asthma. He passed away at the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #1138 : Case 287277 was a 80 year-old Malaysian male, who passed away at the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #1139 : Case 292003 was a 57 year-old Malaysian female, with history of diabetes, dyslipidemia and pancreatic cancer. She passed away at the Selayang Hospital in Selangor.
Death #1140 : Case 300878 was a 72 year-old Malaysian female, with history of diabetes, hypertension and asthma. He passed away at the Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor.
Death #1141 : Case 302211 was a 44 year-old foreign male, whose body was brought to the Seri Manjung Hospital in Perak.
Day 49 Of MCO 2.0 In Malaysia
Public events, entertainment outlet and group sports are forbidden. Even schools are closed with education mostly conducted online.
Recommended : Follow This MCO 2.0 SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 1141 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 2 March 2021
- Sabah, Labuan, Sarawak District List : Stay In Or Get Fine!
- Pahang, Kelantan, Terengganu District List : Stay Inside!
- CoronaVac Vaccine Now In Malaysia, But No Approval Yet!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 15 March 2021!
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine On MySejahtera!
- MICE + Busking Activities Allowed In MCO Areas!
- Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan District List : Travel Inside!
- Ampang Jaya Police HQ Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Pos Malaysia : No Road Tax Renewal Until April 2021!
- Tam Pui / Chinese Potty Not For Serving Wine / Soup!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Yet Another COVID-19 Case!
- Village Grocer EkoCheras Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- All Schools In Malaysia To Reopen In March / April 2021!
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Staff + Partners Positive For COVID-19!
- MCO U-Turn : No More Limit Of 2 Persons Per Table / Car!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Another COVID-19 Case!
- 10 KM Limit Lifted, But No Interstate / Inter-District Travel!
- MCO / CMCO / RMCO : Extended To 4 March 2021!
- Bagan Specialist Centre : 5 Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer Jaya 33 : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Goodbye, ntv7 … and hello, DidikTV KPM!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!