Malaysia reported 20,546 new COVID-19 cases and 282 deaths, but discharged 16,945 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 15 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 16,945 Patients Discharged!
On 15 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 16,945 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,145,128 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 81.5%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 20,546 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 20,546 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,404,899, with 247,261 active cases – a massive increase of 3,319 cases!
They also shared that there are 37 fewer patients in the ICU – 1,059 cases right now, and 14 fewer patients requiring respiratory support – 526 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 512,654 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 154,499 cases, Johor with 110,845 cases, and Sabah with 105,102 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 282 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 282 deaths today!
That means a total of 12,510 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.89%.
Day 62 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 62nd day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 12,228 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 14 August 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination For Children Starts In September!
- 6 Jaya Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 In August 2021!
- 8 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
- BIG Batai : Seventh Person Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Home Treatment Advice By Dr. Noor Hisham???
- Walk-In Vaccination For Special Groups Nationwide!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!