Malaysia reported 19,740 new COVID-19 cases and 274 deaths, but discharged 17,450 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 16 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 17,450 Patients Discharged!
On 16 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 17,450 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,162,578 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 81.6%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 19,740 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 19,740 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,424,639, with 249,277 active cases – a huge increase of 2,016 cases!
They also shared that there are 12 fewer patients in the ICU – 1,047 cases right now, and 6 fewer patients requiring respiratory support – 520 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 518,360 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 155,859 cases, Johor with 112,355 cases, and Sabah with 106,830 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 274 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 274 deaths today!
That means a total of 12,784 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.90%.
Day 63 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 63rd day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 12,784 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 16 August 2021
- School Reopening Delayed To 3 October In Stages!
- COVID-19 Vaccination For Children Starts In September!
- 6 Jaya Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 In August 2021!
- 8 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
- BIG Batai : Seventh Person Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Home Treatment Advice By Dr. Noor Hisham???
- Walk-In Vaccination For Special Groups Nationwide!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!