Malaysia reported a record 22,242 new COVID-19 cases and 225 deaths, but discharged 19,680 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 18 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 19,680 Patients Discharged!
On 18 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 19,680 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,198,726 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 81.7%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 22,242 New Cases!
The third wave continues with a record 22,242 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,466,512, with 254,484 active cases – a huge increase of 2,337 cases!
They also shared that there are 6 additional patients in the ICU – 1,060 cases right now, and 15 additional patients requiring respiratory support – 540 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 530,971 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 159,211 cases, Johor with 115,141 cases, and Sabah with 111,346 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 225 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 225 deaths today!
That means a total of 13,302 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.91%.
Day 65 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 65th day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 13,077 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 17 August 2021
- Taman Megah Market Closed 3 Days After COVID-19 Case!
- DHL eCommerce Central Hub Still Suspended!
- 9 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
- School Reopening Delayed To 3 October In Stages!
- COVID-19 Vaccination For Children Starts In September!
- 8 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!