Malaysia reported a record 22,948 new COVID-19 cases and 178 deaths, but discharged 21,720 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 19 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 21,720 Patients Discharged!
On 19 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 21,720 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,220,446 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 81.9%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 22,948 New Cases!
The third wave continues with a record 22,948 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,489,460, with 255,534 active cases – a big increase of 1,050 cases!
They also shared that there are no additional patients in the ICU – 1,060 cases right now, and 12 fewer patients requiring respiratory support – 528 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 538,146 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 160,650 cases, Johor with 116,667 cases, and Sabah with 113,929 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 178 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 178 deaths today!
That means a total of 13,480 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.91%.
Day 66 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 66th day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 13,480 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 19 August 2021
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
- Taman Megah Market Closed 3 Days After COVID-19 Case!
- DHL eCommerce Central Hub Still Suspended!
- School Reopening Delayed To 3 October In Stages!
- COVID-19 Vaccination For Children Starts In September!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!