Malaysia reported a record 23,564 new COVID-19 cases and 233 deaths, but discharged 21,448 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 20 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 21,448 Patients Discharged!
On 20 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 21,448 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,241,894 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 82.1%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 23,564 New Cases!
The third wave continues with a record 23,564 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,513,024, with 257,417 active cases – a big increase of 1,883 cases!
They also shared that there are 2 additional patients in the ICU – 1,062 cases right now, and 10 fewer patients requiring respiratory support – 518 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 545,120 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 162,302 cases, Johor with 117,990 cases, and Sabah with 116,667 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 233 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 233 deaths today!
That means a total of 13,713 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.91%.
Day 67 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 67th day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- 13,713 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 20 August 2021
- Fully-Vaccinated People Can Dine-In In PPN Phase 1 Areas!
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets (4 Twice) Hit By COVID-19 In August!
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
- Taman Megah Market Closed 3 Days After COVID-19 Case!
- DHL eCommerce Central Hub Still Suspended!
- School Reopening Delayed To 3 October In Stages!
- COVID-19 Vaccination For Children Starts In September!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!