Malaysia reported 22,262 new COVID-19 cases and 223 deaths, but discharged 18,576 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 21 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 18,576 Patients Discharged!
On 21 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 18,576 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,260,470 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 82.1%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 22,262 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 22,262 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,535,286, with 260,880 active cases – a huge increase of 3,463 cases!
They also shared that there are 27 fewer patients in the ICU – 1,035 cases right now, and 5 fewer patients requiring respiratory support – 513 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 552,131 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 163,522 cases, Johor with 119,548 cases, and Sabah with 119,318 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 223 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 223 deaths today!
That means a total of 13,936 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.91%.
Day 68 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 68th day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 13,936 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 21 August 2021
- Fully Vaccinated Can Travel At Full Vehicle Capacity!
- Fully-Vaccinated People Can Dine-In In PPN Phase 1 Areas!
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets (4 Twice) Hit By COVID-19 In August!
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
- Taman Megah Market Closed 3 Days After COVID-19 Case!
- DHL eCommerce Central Hub Still Suspended!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!