Malaysia reported 19,807 new COVID-19 cases and 232 deaths, but discharged 18,200 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 22 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 18,200 Patients Discharged!
On 22 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 18,200 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,278,670 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 82.2%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 19,807 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 19,807 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,555,093, with 262,255 active cases – a big increase of 1,375 cases!
They also shared that there are 9 fewer patients in the ICU – 1,026 cases right now, and 17 fewer patients requiring respiratory support – 496 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 557,510 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 164,521 cases, Sabah with 121,956 cases, and Johor with 120,939 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 232 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 232 deaths today!
That means a total of 14,168 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.91%.
Day 69 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 69th day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 14,168 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 22 August 2021
- Swimming, Golf, Badminton Allowed For Fully-Vaccinated!
- Dine-In For Fully-Vaccinated : What You Need To Know!
- Fully Vaccinated Can Travel At Full Vehicle Capacity!
- Fully-Vaccinated People Can Dine-In In PPN Phase 1 Areas!
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets (4 Twice) Hit By COVID-19 In August!
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
- Taman Megah Market Closed 3 Days After COVID-19 Case!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!