Malaysia reported 17,672 new COVID-19 cases and 174 deaths, but discharged 19,053 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 23 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 19,053 Patients Discharged!
On 23 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 19,053 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,297,723 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 82.5%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 17,672 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 17,672 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,572,765, with 260,700 active cases – a big reduction of 1,555 cases!
They also shared that there are 14 additional patients in the ICU – 1,040 cases right now, and 6 additional patients requiring respiratory support – 502 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 561,826 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 165,412 cases, Sabah with 124,430 cases, and Johor with 122,306 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 174 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 174 deaths today!
That means a total of 14,342 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.91%.
Day 70 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 70th day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
Read more : Malaysia National Recovery Plan : 8 August 2021 Edition!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
Please Support My Work!
Support my work through a bank transfer / PayPal / credit card!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- 14,342 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 23 August 2021
- Swimming, Golf, Badminton Allowed For Fully-Vaccinated!
- Dine-In For Fully-Vaccinated : What You Need To Know!
- Fully Vaccinated Can Travel At Full Vehicle Capacity!
- Fully-Vaccinated People Can Dine-In In PPN Phase 1 Areas!
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets (4 Twice) Hit By COVID-19 In August!
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
- Taman Megah Market Closed 3 Days After COVID-19 Case!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!