Malaysia reported 20,837 new COVID-19 cases and 211 deaths, but discharged 18,613 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 24 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 18,613 Patients Discharged!
On 24 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 18,613 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,316,336 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 82.6%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 20,837 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 20,837 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,593,602, with 262,713 active cases – a big increase of 2,013 cases!
They also shared that there are 23 additional patients in the ICU – 1,063 cases right now, and 9 additional patients requiring respiratory support – 511 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 566,471 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 166,696 cases, Sabah with 127,806 cases, and Johor with 124,049 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 211 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 211 deaths today!
That means a total of 14,553 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.91%.
Day 71 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 71st day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 14,553 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 24 August 2021
- New Walk-In Vaccination Details For Klang Valley!
- Swimming, Golf, Badminton Allowed For Fully-Vaccinated!
- Dine-In For Fully-Vaccinated : What You Need To Know!
- Fully Vaccinated Can Travel At Full Vehicle Capacity!
- Fully-Vaccinated People Can Dine-In In PPN Phase 1 Areas!
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets (4 Twice) Hit By COVID-19 In August!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!