Malaysia reported a record 22,642 new COVID-19 cases and a record 393 deaths, but discharged 22,657 patients who fully recovered!
Here are the COVID-19 updates for Malaysia on 26 August 2021…
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 22,657 Patients Discharged!
On 26 August 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that another 22,657 patients fully recovered from COVID-19, and were discharged today!
That means a total of 1,359,791 COVID-19 patients have fully recovered in Malaysia so far! That’s a recovery rate of 82.9%.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 24,599 New Cases!
The third wave continues with 24,599 new COVID-19 cases in Malaysia!
This raises the total number of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia to 1,640,843, with 265,841 active cases – a big increase of 1,549 cases!
They also shared that there are 13 fewer patients in the ICU – 990 cases right now, and 3 fewer patients requiring respiratory support – 487 cases right now.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : Cases Breakdown By State
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, according to states.
Selangor is at the top with 579,732 cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur with 168,705 cases, Sabah with 134,517 cases, and Johor with 128,666 cases.
COVID-19 In Malaysia : 393 Deaths Today
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced a record 393 deaths today!
That means a total of 15,211 people have died from COVID-19 – a mortality rate of 0.93%.
Day 74 Of National Recovery Plan In Malaysia
Today marks the 74th day of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), which was announced on 15 June 2021.
Under PPN, states have to achieve certain criteria to shift from Phase 1 (most stringent restrictions) to Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4 (most relaxed restrictions).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 14,818 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 25 August 2021
- 10 Village Grocer Outlets (5 Twice) Hit By COVID-19 In August!
- New Walk-In Vaccination Details For Klang Valley!
- Swimming, Golf, Badminton Allowed For Fully-Vaccinated!
- Dine-In For Fully-Vaccinated : What You Need To Know!
- Fully Vaccinated Can Travel At Full Vehicle Capacity!
- Fully-Vaccinated People Can Dine-In In PPN Phase 1 Areas!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!