The Malaysia Ministry of Health just announced that 224 healthcare workers have been confirmed to be COVID-19 positive. Here are the details…
COVID-19 in Malaysia : Situation On 11 April 2020
The fight against COVID-19 in Malaysia continues, with 184 new cases on 10 April 2020, bringing up the total to 4,530 cases.
Malaysia also discharged 165 patients who have fully recovered, for a total of 1995 recoveries – a recovery rate of 44.0% so far.
Unfortunately, another 3 patients died, which means a total of 73 people have died of COVID-19 in Malaysia – a mortality rate of 1.61%.
Recommended : COVID-19 in Malaysia : 4530 Cases, 1995 Healed, 73 Dead
COVID-19 in Malaysia : 224 Healthcare Workers Infected
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced today that, as of 12 PM on 11 April 2020, a total of 224 healthcare workers were confirmed COVID-19 positive.
That means 86 new cases (+62.3%) were reported since 2 April 2020, when the total was 138 healthcare workers.
However, none were infected through managing patients in the COVID-19 wards or ICUs in their healthcare facilities.
- 150 cases (67%) were community-acquired (including infections from colleagues who were infected in the community)
- 29 cases (12.9%) were traced to patients with Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI).
- 9 cases (4.0%) from patients with unknown COVID-19 status prior to treatment.
- 3 cases (1.3%) from screening activities in the field.
- remaining 33 cases (14.7%) were still under investigation.
Measures On Improving Safety Of Healthcare Workers
The Malaysia Ministry of Health will undertake these measures to ensure the continued safety and health of their healthcare workers (HCWs) :
- Assessment of the needs and stocks of personal protective equipment (PPE) in all healthcare facilities to ensure adequate supply of PPE
- All cases of SARI and pneumonia will be assumed as COVID-19 infection until proven otherwise
- Strengthening triaging i.e. the evaluation and isolation of patients suspected of having COVID-19 symptoms when they attend healthcare facilities, and by providing them with face masks
- Ensuring that HCWs treating confirmed COVID-19 cases use the recommended PPE, while HCWs treating patients not suspected to be COVID-19 to wear face masks
- Ensuring that HCWs practice all precautionary and preventive measures such as hand hygiene and practice social distancing of at least 1 metre, based on needs and suitability
The Malaysia Ministry of Health also STRONGLY advises all healthcare workers, including private medical practitioners and NGOs to wear face masks while managing or treating patients.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser Or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 3333 Cases, 217 New, 3 More Dead
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- COVID-19 : Menara City One Under Enhanced MCO!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 : Hulu Langat Area Under Enhanced MCO!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- MAEPS Converted Into 500-Bed COVID-19 Hospital
- COVID-19 : Simpang Renggam Under Enhanced MCO!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- BNM Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : Nothing To Lose!
- BNM Credit Card Term Loan Conversion : Worth It?
- BNM Loan Moratorium / Deferment : Should You Accept It?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- What Happens When A Suspected COVID-19 Case Lies!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : Genuine But NOT Approved Yet!
- What Happens When A COVID-19 Close Contact Lies!
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
- MBPJ : Food Outlets Open With Conditions During Lockdown!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Lockdown : Frequently Asked Questions!
- Malaysia NATIONWIDE COVID-19 Restrictions : Full Details!
- COVID-19 : This Tabligh Participant Refused To Be Tested?
- COVID-19 : Almost 5000 Tabligh Participants Tested!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!