The Malaysian government just announced they are lifting two prior restrictions on permitted business operations during the COVID-19 lockdown in Malaysia. Here are the details!
COVID-19 in Malaysia : New Restrictions Lifted On Business Ops
With the declining number of new COVID-19 cases, Malaysia will now enter into the Recovery Phase or Phase 4 of the Movement Control Order (MCO).
At the EAC (Economic Action Council) meeting earlier today (28 April 2020), the Malaysian government decoded to lift two prior restrictions on businesses allowed to operate with MITI approval during the MCO :
- they are now allowed to increase their workforce capacity to 100%
- there will be no restrictions on operation hours
Recommended : Malaysia MCO Phase 4 : Two Persons Per Car Now Allowed!
While the infographic states the change in policy is effective 28 April 2020, the official press release states that this will only take effect tomorrow, on 29 April 2020.
Also, please note that this only applies to companies that have already received MITI approval to begin operation. If you have not received MITI approval, you will need to apply to begin operation.
Recommended : MITI FAQ On Business Ops Allowed During MCO
Business Operations Allowed During MCO in Malaysia (Appendix 1)
When the Movement Control Order (MCO) was announced, only these businesses providing these essential goods and services were allowed to continue operating :
A. Essential Goods
- Food and beverage items including imported items :
– Vegetable and animal oils and fats
– Flour and All Grain Mill Products
– Dairy products – milk, infant formula
– Condiments and Spices
– Dry food
– Coffee and tea
– Canned food
– Animal feed
– Processing of fruits and vegetable
- Agriculture and fisheries including imports
– Fish and Seafood
- Household products
– Personal care items
– Toilet paper and tissue paper
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including Fire Safety Equipment and Medical Attire including face mask, rubber gloves
- Pharmaceutical – all chemicals and drugs production
- Packaging materials and printing including ink
- Medical and surgical devices
- Parts for medical devices eg. parts for ventilators.
B. Part Of Supply Chain Of Essential Goods
- Oil & Gas
– PTA & PET Resins
– Polyester fibres & filaments
– Polypropylene & polyethylene
– ABS & MABS resins
– Maleic Anhydride
– PVC Paste resin
– Expanded EPE
– Impact modifiers & processing aids
– Styrene Monomer
– Styrene Butadiene Latex
- Chemical and Chemical Products – Fertiliser and Pesticide
- Electrical & Electronics (E&E) including semiconductors
Additional Business Ops Allowed During MCO in Malaysia (Appendix 2)
The Ministry of International Trade And Industry (MITI) released this list of business operations that would be allowed to operate during the MCO, with their prior approval.
- Automotive Industry
(limited to export of completely built units – CBUs, equipment and components, as well as after-sales services for example maintenance).
- Machinery and equipment industry
- Aerospace Industry
- Construction projects and construction-related services
(i) Projects where the main contractors are G1 – G2
(ii) Projects that have achieved physical of 90% and above
(iii) Tunneling works
(iv) Maintenance works
(v) Sloping work
(vi) Emergency works that are consequent to contractual obligations
(vii) Maintenance, cleaning and drying of stagnant water, spraying insecticides at construction sites to prevent breeding of Aedes mosquitoes and other pests
(viii) Other works that if left incomplete may result in danger
(ix) Building project with 70 IBS score and above
(x) Construction projects with accommodation facilities for workers, such as centralised quarters for workers, or workers’ camp
(xi) Professional services involved in the construction industry including architects, engineers, town planners, land surveyors, materials surveyors, project managers, facilities managers and other relevant services.
- Scientific, professional and technical services including research and development (R&D)
– limited to: legal services; oil and gas-related services; COVID19-related R&D activities; testing laboratories for authorized sectors only.
- Social health services include registered traditional medicine and complementary medicine (TCM) practitioners.
- Hardware store, electrical and electronics shops
- Laundry services (only those offering full service and does not include self-service laundrettes)
- Malaysia MCO Phase 4 : Two Persons Per Car Now Allowed!
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- How To Open A Pre-Cut Coconut, The Easy Way!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : Selayang Baru Locked Down!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6th EMCO Area Locked Down!
- Johor Causeway Will Be Limited To 7 AM-7 PM
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- COVID-19 : Masjid India Area On Enhanced MCO Lockdown!
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- MITI FAQ On Business Ops Allowed During MCO
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Doctor Died Taking Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent COVID-19
- Fact Check : Out-Of-Control Crowd @ Johor Bahru CIQ!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- New COVID-19 Clusters Show The Danger Of Social Contact!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!