The Malaysia Ministry of Health tested almost 5000 Tabligh participants, confirming 77 COVID-19 cases so far!
Here is what they have accomplished as of 7 PM on 14 March 2020!
Tabligh Gathering COVID-19 Cluster : What Happened?
On 12 March 2020, the Malaysia Ministry of Health detected the first case of a sporadic COVID-19 infection in Malaysia, which they caught as part of their COVID-19 surveillance program.
The patient, Case 131, attended the Tabligh gathering at the Seri Petaling Mosque in Kuala Lumpur for three (3) days, from 28 February until 1 March 2020.
He started presenting with a fever, cough and a cold on 4 March 2020, and subsequently shortness of breath on 8 March 2020 when he was admitted to the Bentong Hospital.
He was then referred to the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital (HTAA) on 9 March 2020, and confirmed to be COVID-19 positive on 10 March 2020.
Since then, the Ministry of Health has been working non-stop tracking down and testing the thousands of people who attended the Tabligh gathering.
Tabligh Gathering Cluster : 14 March 2020 Update
As of 7 PM on 14 March 2020, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that :
- they identified 4,942 individuals who attended the Tabligh gathering
- 3,069 of those individuals were examined and screened at health clinics
- 1,634 of those examined were found to have respiratory tract infections, and have had their samples taken for COVID-19 tests
- 137 of those found to be symptomatic were referred to the hospitals for further management
- the remaining 2,932 symptomatic individuals were placed under 14-day home surveillance.
- 37 of the new cases announced today were from this Tabligh gathering cluster.
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Cumulatively, there are now 77 confirmed COVID-19 cases in this Tabligh gathering cluster. The Ministry also shared a breakdown of those 77 cases :
- Sabah : 26 cases
- Negeri Sembilan : 11 cases
- Sarawak : 6 cases
- Johor : 5 cases
- Melaka : 5 cases
- Selangor : 5 cases
- Penang : 5 cases
- Kelantan : 3 cases
- Perak : 2 cases
- Labuan : 2 cases
- Pahang : 2 cases
- Kedah : 2 cases
- Kuala Lumpur & Putrajaya : 2 cases
- Perlis : 1 case
All 77 cases are receiving in-patient treatment in hospitals, with one (1) case being treated in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit), currently in a stable condition.
Tabligh Gathering Cluster : Actions By State Health Departments
The Malaysia Ministry of Health also shared some measures that State Health Departments have undertaken for the Tabligh gathering cluster :
Perlis State Health Department
- 64 Tabligh members, who participated in the Tabligh gathering in Seri Petaling mosque, have been placed in Dewan Wawasan 2020 for the 14-day home surveillance.
Labuan State Health Department
- The Membidai Health Clinic has been designated as the COVID-19 screening centre for the Tabligh gathering participants, and for individuals who attended the “Klinik Hukum bersama Mufti Wilayah” program.
- In addition to normal working hours, this clinic is also opened on Saturday and Sunday, 8 am to 3 pm.
KL & Putrajaya State Health Department
- Tabligh members were being screened at Seri Petaling mosque from 12 March 2020 onwards.
- The mosque is currently closed for cleaning and disinfection activities.
- This mosque is also being used as a facility for the 14-day home surveillance for Tabligh members and students in residence, from the date of the last COVID-19 case is detected amongst them.
- The public is restricted from entering the mosque to prevent further COVID-19 infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Thoroughly cook your food, and boil water before drinking
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- COVID-19 : National Instruments Penang Quarantine + Cleaning!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 : UOB Penang Case From Tabligh Gathering!
- COVID-19 In Malaysia : 41 New Cases + 2 Recoveries Today!
- Braun + Infineon : Suspected COVID-19 Cases Quarantined!
- COVID-19 In Malaysia : 39 New Cases, 197 Total Today!
- Free Drive-Through COVID-19 Testing Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Agilent Penang Shuts Down As Well!
- COVID-19 : India Suspends Travel Visas Until 15 April 2020!
- COVID-19 : SJKC Puay Chai 2 Gets Sanitised As Precaution
- COVID-19 : Malaysia MOH Looks For Ijtimak Tabligh Attendees
- COVID-19 : Keysight Penang Temporary Closure Clarified!
- COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
- Private COVID-19 Tests In Malaysia : Here Are The Details!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia Temporarily Bans Cruise Ships!
- COVID-19 : How Malaysia Conducts Home Surveillance!
- H1N1 American Pandemic : Chinese Propaganda Debunked!
- COVID-19 : United Airlines Offers FREE Changes For 1 Year!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia Limits Travel From Japan, Italy + Iran!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : How To Plan + Book Your Flights!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : NOT Worth The Hassle!
- Souvenir Passport Stamp : Don’t Put It In Your REAL Passport!
- Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge Continues To Injure Children!
- Tripping Jump / Skull Breaker Challenge : Warn Your Kids!
- Irmaos Fuinha : Thank These IDIOTS For Skull Breaker!
- Skull Breaker Challenge Killed This Girl : Warn Your Kids!
- Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge : One Mother’s Warning!
- Tesco 101st Anniversary Scam Exposed!
- Get 10,000 FREE TNG RFID Tags At These Shell Stations!
- Dabbing : Does It Turn Teenagers Into Devil Worshippers?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- Magistrate Court SCAM ALERT! Ignore These Calls!
- Princeton University Fridge Magnets Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained!
- The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked!
- The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Scare – The Truth & Facts!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!