We received a message claiming that Tesco Mutiara Damansara has 50 COVID-19 cases.
Take a look at the claim, and find out what the facts really are…
Claim : There Are 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara
This is the message about 50 COVID-19 cases in Tesco Mutiara Damansara shared as a personal message on WhatsApp :
Refrain from going to Tesco. Someone i know hs a unit in perdana exlusive. She knows someone who knows neighbour working in tesco was fd positive on tues but no ambulance to pick her up until wed. Husband is waiting fr testing. Meanwhile seems 50 cases in Tesco. Sad moh is now not announcing d clusters n location. Fr ur info.
While the message does not specifically mention Tesco Mutiara Damansara, we know that is the Tesco branch the message is referring to because :
- it’s the only Tesco branch in Malaysia to have COVID-19 cases.
- the Perdana Exclusive condominiums is just down the road from Tesco Mutiara Damansara
50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara : The Facts
After investigating the claims, here are the facts that we uncovered :
Fact #1 : There Was One COVID-19 Case In Perdana Exclusive Condominiums
On 28 October 2020, the Management of Perdana Exclusive Condominiums announced one confirmed case of COVID-19 in Block D.
The affected resident was taken to the Sungai Buloh on the same day he/she tested positive – Wednesday, 28 October 2020.
There was no mention about the person’s occupation, so it is possible that he/she is indeed a Tesco employee.
However, if we believe the official statement, the affected person was taken to the hospital on the same day he/she tested positive for COVID-19.
Fact #2: Tesco Tested 53 Close Contacts + Are Testing 500 More
When the first case was detected in Tesco Mutiara Damansara on 14 October, they immediately identified 53 close contacts who were ordered to self-quarantine and get tested.
On 23 October, Tesco announced that 7 of those 53 close contacts tested positive for COVID-19. This increased to 9 later, for a total of 10 initial cases.
They then shut down Tesco Mutiara Damansara and ordered the rest of their employees and tenants to get tested – all 715 of them.
According to Tesco, that screening program found 38 additional cases, for a total of 48 cases.
Fact #3: Tesco Mutiara Damansara Remains Closed Until Further Notice
The advice to “refrain from going to Tesco” is perplexing since Tesco Mutiara Damansara remains closed since 23 October 2020.
Tesco has also stated that the Mutiara Damansara store will remain closed until further notice, and employees and tenants will only be allowed to return after testing negative for COVID-19.
Fact #4: MOH Has Always Announced Cluster Information
The Malaysia Ministry of Health has always announced new clusters, and even update on existing clusters.
You may recall that even when 1 Utama Shopping Centre disputed the number of positive cases at their mall, MOH straightened the record.
As we pointed out in an earlier article, the data is prepared by the National CPRC Data & Cluster Teams, which compile and analyse data and statistics submitted by hospitals across Malaysia.
The team would need to collude with doctors and nurses at the Sungai Buloh Hospital to conceal the cluster information for Tesco Mutiara Damansara. Why would they do that?
So it is really impossible for the Malaysia Ministry of Health to cover up or hide details of any cluster.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Reopens After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSB Bank Johor Bahru : Reopens After COVID-19 Cases!
- TGI Fridays Queensbay : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSJ HQ Closed After Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Northpoint Closed After Employee Tests Positive!
- Nilai : CMCO / PKPB Lockdown Starts 28 October 2020!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB Extended 2 Weeks!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Testing On 28 October 2020!
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Transit Officer On MRT Kajang Line Positive For COVID-19
- Baskin-Robbins 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Baker’s Cottage Desa Pandan : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed After 7 New COVID Cases!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Exposure Alert!
- ANGKASA : All Offices Closed After Two COVID-19 Cases
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- SOGO Shah Alam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre : One COVID-19 Case
- Petsmore SS2 + 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls!
- Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : 3rd Outlet Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!