UOB just announced that one of their Penang staff members has tested positive for COVID-19, and has been admitted for treatment.
They also confirmed that their employee attended the tabligh gathering in Sri Petaling. Here are the details!
UOB Confirms COVID-19 Positive Case At Penang Branch
In their press release today, UOB confirmed that one of their non-clerical staff members at the UOB Lebuh Bishop branch tested positive for COVID-19, and has been admitted for treatment.
They also confirmed that their employee attended the Ijtimak Tabligh for four days, from 27 February to 1 March 2020.
They assured their customers that the employee never came into contact with any UOB customer.
They have initiated contact tracing, and asked other employees who had close contact with that affected employee to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Although we expected them to close the branch tomorrow (15 March 2020) for a deep clean, UOB announced that they are closing the branch on 16 March 2020 to conduct a deep cleaning, reopening it on 17 March 2020.
They are advising their customers to use their Jalan Kelawai branch until this Lebuh Bishop branch reopens on Tuesday, 17 March 2020.
UOB Statement On Confirmed Case Of COVID-19
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 14 March 2020 – United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Bhd (UOB Malaysia) has today been informed by the health authorities that one of our employees has tested positive with coronavirus (COVID-19) and admitted for further treatment. Understandably, we are concerned by the impact the virus is having on so many individuals and families within our community. We stand united to offer any assistance our colleague or his family may need during his recovery.
The employee, a non-clerical staff member with no customer contact based at our Lebuh Bishop branch in Penang, attended a four-day tabligh gathering in Sri Petaling, Selangor between 27 February and 1 March 2020.
We have initiated our contact tracing exercise and notified our employees who have come into close contact with the said employee and they have been asked to self-quarantine for 14 days while awaiting further instructions from the health authorities. No customers were in contact with the said employee. We are working closely with the health authorities on further follow-up measures required.
To ensure the safety of our employees and our customers, we will be closing the Lebuh Bishop, Penang branch on 16 March 2020 to conduct a deep-clean. The branch will reopen on 17 March 2020. In the meantime, customers may proceed to our branch at Jalan Kelawei, Penang to carry out their banking needs.
Safeguarding the health and safety of our customers and our employees is our top priority. UOB Malaysia wishes to reassure its customers and its employees that it is implementing all necessary preventive measures to help curb the spread of COVID-19. We regret any inconvenience caused to our customers and thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Did You Attend The Tabligh Gathering?
The Malaysia Ministry of Health is looking for those who attended the Ijtimak Tabligh at the Seri Petaling Mosque from 28 February to 1 March 2020.
Recommended : Malaysia MOH Looks For Ijtimak Tabligh Attendees
If you attended that Ijtimak Tabligh on any of those days, please contact the District Health Office, or the National Crisis Preparedness And Response Centre (CPRC) numbers below :
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Thoroughly cook your food, and boil water before drinking
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- COVID-19 In Malaysia : 41 New Cases + 2 Recoveries Today!
- Braun + Infineon : Suspected COVID-19 Cases Quarantined!
- COVID-19 In Malaysia : 39 New Cases, 197 Total Today!
- Free Drive-Through COVID-19 Testing Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Agilent Penang Shuts Down As Well!
- COVID-19 : India Suspends Travel Visas Until 15 April 2020!
- COVID-19 : SJKC Puay Chai 2 Gets Sanitised As Precaution
- COVID-19 : Malaysia MOH Looks For Ijtimak Tabligh Attendees
- COVID-19 : Keysight Penang Temporary Closure Clarified!
- COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
- Private COVID-19 Tests In Malaysia : Here Are The Details!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia Temporarily Bans Cruise Ships!
- COVID-19 : How Malaysia Conducts Home Surveillance!
- H1N1 American Pandemic : Chinese Propaganda Debunked!
- COVID-19 : United Airlines Offers FREE Changes For 1 Year!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia Limits Travel From Japan, Italy + Iran!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : How To Plan + Book Your Flights!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : NOT Worth The Hassle!
- Souvenir Passport Stamp : Don’t Put It In Your REAL Passport!
- Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge Continues To Injure Children!
- Tripping Jump / Skull Breaker Challenge : Warn Your Kids!
- Irmaos Fuinha : Thank These IDIOTS For Skull Breaker!
- Skull Breaker Challenge Killed This Girl : Warn Your Kids!
- Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge : One Mother’s Warning!
- Tesco 101st Anniversary Scam Exposed!
- Get 10,000 FREE TNG RFID Tags At These Shell Stations!
- Dabbing : Does It Turn Teenagers Into Devil Worshippers?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- Magistrate Court SCAM ALERT! Ignore These Calls!
- Princeton University Fridge Magnets Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained!
- The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked!
- The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Scare – The Truth & Facts!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!