The Malaysia Ministry of Health just released their latest COVID-19 vaccine recommendations!
Here is what you need to know…
Malaysia : Latest Covid-19 Vaccine Recommendations!
On 9 September 2022, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) released the latest COVID-19 vaccine recommendations of the KKM Technical Working Group meeting of 3 September 2022.
Second Booster Dose For Pregnant / Nursing Mothers
KKM is recommending that pregnant women and nursing mothers receive a second booster dose of the vaccine.
- Pregnant women are categorised as vulnerable, because they have a high risk of developing severe COVID-19 disease if infected.
- COVID-19 complications in pregnant women can detrimentally affect their pregnancies and foetal development.
- Antibodies from the mothers’ primary and booster vaccine doses have been detected in babies after they are born, protecting them from COVID-19.
- mRNA vaccine is safe for pregnant women and does not increase the risk of miscarriage, complications of pregnancies or birth defects.
First Booster Dose For 5-11 Year Old Children
KKM is recommending that children 5 to 11 years in age should receive a first booster dose of the vaccine.
- Children 5-11 years in age with co-morbidities or who are immunocompromised are at risk of developing severe disease if infected with COVID-19.
- Providing them with the first booster dose will boost the efficacy of the vaccine in preventing severe disease by the Omicron variant.
- The first booster dose can be given 6-9 months after completing the primary series vaccination.
COVID-19 Vaccination For 6-Month Old To 5 Year Old Children
KKM is recommending that children who are between 6 months old and 5 years in age should receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The COVID-19 vaccine can be offered to children who are 6 months old up to 5 years old, who have co-morbidities, or who are severely immunocompromised.
- KKM has started the process of obtaining the COVID-19 vaccine formulation for this group of young children.
Heterologous Vaccination For Second Booster Dose
KKM is recommending that that heterologous vaccination (mixing of vaccines) be offered for the second booster dose.
However, only the Pfizer mRNA vaccine has been approved as the second booster dose for these groups:
- Individuals who are 50 years and older
- Individuals who are 12 years and older, with moderate to severe immunocompromise
- Individuals who are 18 years and older, with co-morbidities and are at risk of developing severe disease
- Pregnant women or nursing mothers
- Healthcare professionals
Please Support My Work!
Support my work through a bank transfer / PayPal / credit card!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Did Comedian David Arnold Die From Vaccine SADS?!
- Did Ismail Sabri Refer To Queen Elizabeth II As Male?!
- Ashton Kutcher : Did Vaccine Cause His Vasculitis?!
- Is Najib Razak Staying In This Swanky Prison?!
- Did Kajang Prison Warden Invite Najib To His Home?!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!
Pingback: Did Balenciaga Get Justin Bieber To Wear Bottle Slippers?! | TRP