DBKL created confusion yesterday after posting old CMCO (PKPB) information issued by MyGCC months ago.
Find out what happened, and what you really need to know about the new CMCO kicking off at midnight!
DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info By MyGCC?
On the eve of the CMCO lockdown of KL, Selangor and Putrajaya, DBKL posted this MyGCC infographic on their Facebook page :
This created a lot of confusion because it directly contradicts what the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) SOP for the new CMCO / PKPB.
Note : We added the FALSE overlay to avoid the screenshot from being misused and shared online.
The MyGCC infographic states that Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur and Selangor are categorised as Klang Valley, and that for the purpose of the CMCO lockdown, travel between the three states are considered as inter-district travel.
Yet yesterday, both the MKN and the Defence Minister himself, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, announced that cross-district travel is forbidden, except for work purposes – and employment passes or letters are required to get through road blocks.
The CMCO / PKPB Infographic Appears To Be From May 2020
Several netizens pointed out that the MyGCC infographic appears to be the same one they issued in May 2020, for a different CMCO lockdown.
MyGCC themselves posted a different infographic, and specifically said that, “Entering and existing these districts and inter-district travel is forbidden. Workers who need to travel cross-district must show a work pass or employment letter from their employers“.
On 14 October 2020, MyGCC finally issued this infographic debunking what MBPJ posted :
DBKL finally removed their erroneous post at the end of yesterday. But people keep circulating their post on social media, especially in WhatsApp groups.
Please share this article out so that people understand that while the infographic was indeed created by MyGCC, it was for an earlier CMCO in May 2020, and does NOT apply to the new CMCO / PKPB lockdown.
KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO (PKPB) : What’s Allowed + Not Allowed
Here is a partial list of what’s allowed and what’s not allowed during the CMCO (PKPB) lockdown of KL, Selangor and Putrajaya :
- No one is allowed to enter or leave the areas under CMCO lockdown.
- Cross-district travel is forbidden, except for work, economic or industrial purposes.
- Cross-district travel for emergencies (sickness and funeral) requires advanced notice to the police.
- Workers will need a valid work pass or letter of permission from their employers to get past state and district roadblocks.
- Employers are encouraged to let their employees work from home.
- Travellers from other states who need to pass through Selangor and Kuala Lumpur to other states should obtain prior permission from the nearest police station.
- Individuals who intend to travel by air through KLIA, KLIA2 and Subang Airport must obtain prior permission from the police.
- Only two persons from each household are allowed to go out to purchase daily necessities.
For the full list of what’s allowed and not allowed during this new CMCO (PKPB) lockdown, please click here!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : What’s Allowed + Not Allowed
- Origani Staff Confirmed NEGATIVE For COVID-19!
- The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Entire Sabah Under CMCO Lockdown Starting 13 October!
- MBSB Sultan Ismail : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Maybank Bandar Puteri Puchong : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure
- 3 Damansara : Deep Cleaning After COVID-19 Case
- All Schools + Kindergartens To Close For 2 Weeks In Petaling!
- Mid Valley + Gardens : 3 Outlets Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Bangsar Shopping Centre : Closed For COVID-19 Cleaning!
- OTK Gombak : Sanitised After COVID-19 Case
- Tropicana Golf : Closed For COVID-19 Cleaning + Screening
- 1 Utama Shut Down, Visitors Advised To Screen For COVID-19
- Maybank Bandar Sri Damansara : COVID-19 Infection?
- Parkson 1 Utama : Shut Down After COVID-19 Infection!
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Sime Darby HQ Shut Down Because Of COVID-19
- SMK Taman Sea : Teacher Tested Positive For COVID-19?
- Tung Shin Hospital : 5 Patients Test Positive For COVID-19
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang, Putatan To Lock Down On 7 Oct!
- Paradigm Mall : Brands Outlet Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- IMR Finds D614G Mutation In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Why Morgue Employees Won’t Get Cremated By Mistake
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
Pingback: KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : What's Allowed + Not Allowed | Rojak Pot
Pingback: KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB : Official MKN SOP! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 1 Utama Cluster : 105 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : Staff Positive For COVID-19 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Rotiboy Closes Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID? 😱 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot