Denmark is the first EU country to lift all COVID-19 restrictions, fully opening up despite a massive surge in cases.
Find out why they are able to do that… again.
Denmark Is First EU Country To Lift All COVID-19 Laws!
On Tuesday, 1 February 2022, Denmark became the first country in the European Union to lift all COVID-19 restrictions… again.
- Wearing of face masks is no longer mandatory on public transport, shops and standing clients in restaurant indoor areas.
- Face masks will only be recommended in hospitals, healthcare facilities, and nursing homes.
- The COVID-19 digital pass is no longer required to enter nightclubs, cafes, party buses, and to be seated indoors in restaurants, unless required by individual event organisers.
- There will no longer be limits on the number of people allowed in indoor gatherings.
- Social distancing measures will no longer be required.
The Danish government no longer considers COVID-19 to be a “socially critical sickness“, even as the country experienced a massive surge in cases.
There is one notable exception though – unvaccinated travellers, or those who were not previously infected between 11 and 180 days ago, must undergo a COVID-19 test before being allowed to enter Denmark.
Why Denmark Is Able To Lift All COVID-19 Laws!
Some antivaxxers are already touting the move by Denmark as evidence that COVID-19 is not serious. After all, they will point out – Denmark currently has the second-highest infection rate in the world.
That’s an intentionally misleading, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : Denmark Has Very High Vaccination Rates
Danish Health Minister Magnus Heunicke said that “widespread vaccination and boosters have helped the country open up again“, and it shows :
- Over 81% of people 5 years and older have been fully-vaccinated.
- Over 61% of people 12 years and older received their booster dose
Jens Lundgren, a professor of viral diseases at the Copenhagen University Hospital said, “We have been very successful in our national vaccine programme throughout 2021, a lot of people have received two vaccination shots, and a lot have received three doses as well, and many of those doses were provided in the fourth quarter of 2021.”
Fact #2 : Denmark Has Very Low ICU + Death Rates
Thanks to the high levels of vaccinations, Denmark has experienced very low levels of ICU usage and mortality rates.
Even though they are experiencing a massive surge in new COVID-19 cases, the number of people in ICUs have fallen to only 32.
Even people dying today is far lower than the peak in December 2020, when Denmark experienced far fewer COVID-19 cases.
Danish Health Minister Magnus Heunicke said, “the number of hospitalizations and patients in intensive care is decreasing every day, thanks to vaccination“.
Søren Brostrøm, director-general of Denmark’s Health Authority concurred, “At the same time as infections are skyrocketing, patients admitted to intensive care actually going down. It’s around 30 people in ICU beds right now with a COVID-19 diagnosis, out of a population of 6 million.”
Fact #3 : Denmark May Reimpose Restrictions
The Danish authorities held out the possibility that COVID-19 restrictions may return, as it is too early to know whether there will be a new variant that needs to be addressed.
Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen told Danish radio, “I dare not say that it is a final goodbye to restrictions. We do not know what will happen in the fall, whether there will be a new variant.”
Denmark had actually lifted all COVID-19 restrictions in September 2021, but reimposed them in the first of a third wave of infections.
So it will not be surprising if they do reimpose COVID-19 restrictions should a new virulent COVID-19 variant start spreading.
Fact #4 : Denmark May Introduce A Fourth Dose
Despite the elation over the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, the government has warned that Denmark could see a rise in infections in the coming weeks.
Health Minister Magnus Heunicke called on Danes to get tested regularly, so that the country could “react quickly if necessary”.
In addition to the reinstatement of COVID-19 restrictions, the Danish government may introduce a fourth vaccine dose.
- Did German Experts Say Saltwater Gargle Kills COVID-19?
- How To Fix Problems Booking Vaccine For 5-11 Yo Kids!
- Moderna Vaccine Gets Full FDA Approval! What Does It Mean?
- Can Abmonak Gargle From Germany Prevent COVID-19?
- Did 10 Countries Cancel All COVID-19 Tests + Vaccinations?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!