Netizens won again – their crowdsourced fact-checking confirmed that the Batu Pahat durian party did indeed happen a few days ago!
Take a look at how they debunked the Deputy Speaker’s claims, and forced him to admit that the durian party really happened!
Batu Pahat Durian Party : What’s Going On?
Batu Pahat MP Datuk Mohd Rashid Hasnon, who is also the Deputy Speaker, was seen in a video clip enjoying a durian party with a large group of people, without face masks or social distancing.
Malaysians were naturally outraged by the video, which obviously contravened the MCO 3.0 SOP.
When asked about it, Mohd Rashid claimed that the video was from 2020, before the Movement Control Order was initiated.
Seronok nampak MP Batu Pahat merangkap Timbalan Speaker merangkap pengkhianat berkumpul ramai-ramai makan durian? pic.twitter.com/2EiYQD0zSG
— Laga Cawan 🏴 (@LagaCawan) June 29, 2021
On 30 June 2021, the Deputy Speaker “gave up”, admitted that the video was new, and apologised for what he labelled as confusion over what transpired.
He apologised again for his oversight, and said that he would cooperate with the police, who said that they will investigate the matter.
How Netizens Proved Batu Pahat Durian Party Happened In June 2021!
When Mohd Rashid first said that the video was old, Malaysian netizens did not take his explanation very well.
They immediately set out to fact check his claim that the video happened in 2020.
Mohd Rashi was photographed with Datuk Hajah Zuraida Kamaruddin at the Batu Pahat City Council on 27 June 2021.
The same people were later seen in the video enjoying the durian party at a farm in Batu Pahat.
In the picture on the left, this netizen shared how the Liverpool jersey worn by this man had the Nike brand and EPL gold patch, and could only be from the 2020/21 season.
In the picture on the right, this netizen shared how one lady in the video was wearing a Fareha headscarf called Reyna, that was only released this year.
- Restoran Kuan Lee Closed After 3 COVID-19 Cases!
- Did Henry Cavill Help Nephew Prove Superman Is His Uncle?
- National COVID-19 Recovery Plan : 27 June 2021 Edition!
- Restaurants + Eateries Can Open Longer During FMCO 3.0!
- FMCO 3.0 Restrictions Extended Indefinitely!
- Pregnant / Breastfeeding? You Can Get COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Latest Foreign Travel Rules For Malaysian Citizens!
- Sale of Illegal Ivermectin : Up to RM50K Fine + 5 Years Jail!
- Bukit Jalil Stadium Vaccination Centre : Step-by-Step Guide!
- Can Eating Durian Before / After COVID-19 Vaccine KILL Us?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!