DHL eCommerce had to close their Central Hub in Selangor, and it remains suspended today!
Find out what’s going on, and the impact on your parcel deliveries!
DHL eCommerce Central Hub Temporarily Suspended!
On 13 August 2021, DHL eCommerce announced that they were ordered by the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) to temporarily close their Central Hub in Selangor.
They did not disclose whether it had anything to do with rumours of COVID-19 cases involving their delivery or sorting personnel, only that it was for “further assessment & discussion“, following “precautionary checks done by KKM in the area“.
As of Monday, 16 August 2021, the DHL eCommerce has not announced when their Central Hub in Selangor, which remains closed, will reopen.
Impact Of DHL eCommerce Central Hub Closure
DHL suspended collection of new parcels since 14 August 2021, but said that existing parcels in their network will be delivered.
However, it is unknown if they are also referring to parcels at their Central Hub (which is now closed), or merely parcels already distributed to their regional hubs.
This is reminiscent of when the Shopee warehouse was similarly closed “to implement new SOPs“.
At that time, the Shopee warehouse was closed for 10 days – the minimum days required for a home quarantine of confirmed or suspect COVID-19 cases.
- School Reopening Delayed To 3 October In Stages!
- More Privileges For People Who Are Fully-Vaccinated!
- Public Parks In PPN Phase 1 Areas Can Reopen!
- Two Cases Of Ivermectin Poisoning In Malaysia!
- COVID-19 Vaccination For Children Starts In September!
- Fact Check : Can You Get COVID-19 From Sinovac Vaccine?
- 6 Jaya Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 In August 2021!
- 8 Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In August!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!