Din Tai Fung just announced that an employee at their Gardens Mall outlet tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Din Tai Fung Gardens Mall : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 7 January 2021, Din Tai Fung announced that an employee at their Gardens Mall outlet tested positive for COVID-19.
They immediately closed their Gardens Mall outlet, for a thorough disinfection. They also quarantined all Din Tai Fung employees there and sent them for screening.
Din Tai Fung did not mention when they would reopen their Gardens Mall outlet.
Din Tai Fung COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Din Tai Fung on the COVID-19 exposure at their Gardens Mall store.
In this challenging time with the resurgence of COVID-19 cases, it is with a heavy heart that we are informing you that a team member has been tested positive in The Gardens Mid Valley outlet. This has been immediately reported to the Ministry of Health.
All the other outlet staff members have been immediately quarantined, are undergoing screening and contact tracing is being done.
The outlet has been immediately closed and thorough disinfection has been carried out in accordance to the Ministry of Health’s guidelines.
This happened despite our daily body temperature tracking, mask wearing, regular hand sanitising, social distancing and other preventive measures.
Our deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused. Din Tai Fung Malaysia remains committed to protecting the health and safety of everyone. Please staff safe and together we can overcome this.
The Management of Din Tai Fung Malaysia.
Din Tai Fung COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
The risk very much depends on whether the affected staff member was customer-facing, and if so, did he/she comply with protective measures like wearing a face mask, and maintaining physical distance where possible.
As this is a restaurant, customers will generally not be wearing face masks, although it is highly recommended that everyone wears a face mask in a restaurant, unless it is to eat or drink.
In fact, you should be wearing a face mask while ordering food, and while waiting for your food and drinks to be delivered.
As mentioned in their statement, they are tracing contacts, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While restaurants and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 521 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 January 2021
- Maybank Alor Setar Main : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Genting Highlands Employees + Visitors Quarantined For COVID-19?
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- Mahkota Medical Centre Employee Positive For COVID-19
- Korea Plaza : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG The Linc : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Malaysia Extends RMCO / PKPP To 31 March 2021!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer Vaccination?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Oriental Fitness Farlim : Instructor Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Maybank Taman Malim Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 133559 Cases, 106832 Healed, 542 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 135992 Cases, 108109 Healed, 551 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 141533 Cases, 110584 Healed, 559 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 144518 Cases, 111578 Healed, 563 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 147855 Cases, 113288 Healed, 578 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara Still Closed After COVID-19 Cases | Rojak Pot