You can now register your domestic helper for the free COVID-19 vaccine programme in Malaysia!
Find out how to register your domestic helper for the free COVID-19 vaccine on MySejahtera!
Register Your Domestic Helper For FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
On 11 February 2021, the Malaysian government announced that the COVID-19 vaccine will be offered for FREE to all foreign residents in Malaysia.
This includes maids, domestic helpers, blue collar and white collar workers and even their spouses.
On 24 March 2021, the Malaysia Science, Technology and Innovation Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, confirmed that you can start registering your domestic helper as a dependent in MySejahtera :
Yes, foreign domestic helpers are eligible and can be registered as dependents under MySj. https://t.co/KatEhHLBRr
— Khairy Jamaluddin
(@Khairykj) March 24, 2021
How To Register Your Domestic Helper For COVID-19 Vaccine!
Your domestic helper is considered as a dependent, for the purpose of registering for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Here is our video guide on how to register for COVID-19 vaccination for your dependents using MySejahtera.
It’s the same process, whether you are using an Apple iPhone, or an Android smartphone.
Don’t worry about making mistakes. You can redo the registration, to correct for mistakes.
For those who prefer pictures and text, here is our step-by-step pictorial guide :
- Make sure you update to MySejahtera 1.0.30 or later before you proceed.
- Open MySejahtera.
- Tap on the Close button on the upper right corner of the default Check-in screen.
- You should see the MySejahtera main screen, and it should show you a new COVID-19 Vaccination option.
- Tap on the COVID-19 Vaccination option and it will show you this information display.
- Tap on the second option – Add Vaccine Dependent.
- You will be shown a screen with your registered dependents.
- If you did not add any dependents yet, you can do so by tapping on the Add Vaccination Dependent option at the bottom.
Otherwise, skip to Step 12.
- Key in your domestic helper’s details – Full name, Relationship with you, NRIC / Passport number, Age, Gender, Current Address and Post Code, and State.
- Check the details and tap Save when you are done.
- Your newly-added dependent will now appear in the list of dependents.
- Tap on the Add as vaccine dependent option of the dependent you wish to register.
- You will be asked to confirm that you have the authority to manage the vaccination process for your domestic helper.
You are also asked to note that once your domestic helper is registered to your MySejahtera account, she cannot be registered for the COVID-19 vaccine programme with a different MySejahtera account.
- Tap on Yes, Proceed to proceed with the registration.
- You will be asked to verify your domestic helper’s name and Passport number; as well as confirm that she is over 18 years old.
Technically, it should state 18 years old and older, because the COVID-19 vaccine programme is open to those who are 18 years of age too.
- If you notice any mistake, tap Edit to change the name and IC / Passport number.
- Otherwise, tap the I confirm that my dependent is over 18 years old check box, and tap Submit.
- You will be asked to answer four simple questions, to determine whether she should be classed under Phase 2 or Phase 3 of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program, as well as your location.
- The address search option may not work. If that happens, tap on the Location finder to let MySejahtera use your GPS location.
- Please BE HONEST in this assessment. It will, after all, be verified by the Ministry of Health.When it comes to Question no. 2 – Do you have any comorbities? – that refers to any medical condition you have that may put you at greater risk of dying from COVID-19.For your reference, this includes :
- Diabetes mellitus
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart disease
- Chronic lung disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Low Immunity (Immunocompromised)
- Once you are done, tap Submit, and your dependent will have a green checkmark next to it.
- If you made any mistake, you can tap on Remove vaccine dependent, and begin the process all over again, from Step 12.
Then all you have to do is wait for the Malaysia Ministry of Health to contact you when it is your domestic helper’s turn to be vaccinated against COVID-19!
- No Immigration Op, But Always Carry Passport In Malaysia!
- Concrete Block Fell Off Lorry, Not SUKE Highway!
- LEGOLAND Malaysia : Closed After Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- SJKC Damansara : One Student Positive, Class To Continue
- Pub + Nightclub Fine Quietly Cut To RM5K + RM25K!
- Act 342 COVID Fines : What You Need To Know!
- RM500K “Insurance” Against COVID-19 Vaccine Injury!
- Malaysia Buys 18.9M More Pfizer + Sinovac Vaccine Doses!
- Another SUKE Highway Disaster : Launcher Crane Collapses!
- Warning : CEM014 Eggs May Have Salmonella Enteritidis!
- Village Grocer Desa Park : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes Until 31 March 2021!
- MySejahtera : No Need To Register Again For Vaccination!
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine On MySejahtera!
- SUKE Highway Collapse Due To Overloaded Trailer!
- Ismail Sabri : Klang Valley One Zone, But Putrajaya Off-Limits!
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine On MySejahtera!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!