The Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 warning about the dire state of COVID-19 in Malaysia has gone viral for the second time!
Find out if what he warned about the COVID-19 condition in Malaysia is true!
Dr. Chong Yit Khang’s COVID-19 Warning
This viral warning by Dr. Chong Yit Khang from the Kuala Lumpur Hospital on the dire state of COVID-19 infections in Malaysia was originally posted in March.
It went viral for the second time, after COVID-19 cases started rising rapidly in Malaysia.
Dr. Chong Yit Khang Medical Officer
Kuala Lumpur General Hospital
Malaysia is finally forced into entering a stormy time. As the number of Covid-19 cases increases, all we can do now is to minimize the damage. Malaysia is entering the Delay Phase from the Containment Phase.
During the Containment Phase, medical staff will try to detect a confirmed case from a sea of suspected cases and isolate the patient to prevent the virus from spreading in the local population.
Our quarantine period has failed in a way. On the one hand, it is due to policy failure. On the other hand, the virus is highly contagious. Of course, the self-awareness and quality of the people play a great influence at this stage. Compliment or derogatory, let the history decides.
The government’s Movement Restriction Order falls in the Delay Phase. The government has led the masses to prevent the virus from spreading further. At this time, it is no longer meaningful to find cases and isolate them. The virus has spread to the masses and the existing government hospitals are not capable to provide enough isolation facilities.
We are currently in the blocking period. If everyone follows the instructions to reduce outdoor activities, or the virus will spread further, an increase in cases is inevitable. The virus needs a host to survive, and we pose as a delicious dish in the eyes of the virus.
If people insist on going out during the blocking period to let the virus spreads, then we will very soon enter the Mitigation Phase.
At any stage, the high infection rate of the virus has exceeded the load and expectations of all medical institutions. When the medical institutions cannot handle a sudden surge of patients, we can only leave it in the hands of the Almighty.
As a civil servant with the government’s Ministry of Health, I am honestly telling you that we are already struggling to deal with patients on a day-to-day basis .The economy is not good, more and more patients are being admitted in the government hospitals. Private hospitals do not accept patients with Covid-19.
If there is really an outbreak, we have no ability to rescue you.
It is not that we don’t want to, it is because we can’t.
You will face with the problem of no beds in the hospital, severe shortage of ventilators and insufficient medical resources. If you don’t wake up now and don’t take responsibility of your life seriously, then at least don’t spread it to other innocent people.
There are many ways to die. Please don’t bring others along with you. That’s a mean thing to do.
I would like to ask the people of Malaysia to listen to the medical staff’s request and our mission here is to ensure everyone stays safe and healthy. Let’s work together to solve this pandemic. How about let’s wait after it’s over, then only we come out to celebrate?
Dr. Chong Yit Khang
Emergency Department, Kuala Lumpur General Hospital
Please copy and share
Dr. Chong Yit Khang’s COVID-19 Warning : The Facts
After that message by Dr. Chong Yit Khang went viral on social media, especially WhatsApp, the Kuala Lumpur Hospital launched an investigation.
After questioning Dr. Chong Yit Khang, they determined that he did not write the post, and it was falsely attributed to him. He also made a police report about the viral message.
On 17 August 2020, the Director of the Kuala Lumpur Hospital, Datuk Dr. Heric Corray issued this statement (with our English translation below) :
MEDIA STATEMENT REGARDING VIRAL ISSUE IN THE WHATSAPP APP REGARDING “PLEASE COPY AND SHARE REGARDING COVID-19“
The Kuala Lumpur Hospital would like to refer to a viral news spreading through the WhatsApp application regarding the charges by a Medical Officer called Dr. Chong Yit Khang who issued a statement on the policy and operating issues of the Malaysia Ministry of Health in combating the COVID-19 pandemic.
For your information, the Kuala Lumpur Hospital would like to strongly deny the statement. The Medical Officer was identified and asked to give his feedback on this issue that went viral since March. The investigation found that his name and position was used without his knowledge and the issues in the viral message were false and not written by him. In addition, the Medical Officer made a police report about the message that associated him with the viral issue.
With regards to that, the Kuala Lumpur Hospital would like to request that the public be vigilant and do not spread unverified news or information that can cause panic and anxiety. For accurate and factual information about COVID-19 in Malaysia, please refer to the official source of the Malaysia Ministry of Health (www.moh.gov.my).
On 6 October 2020, the Malaysia Ministry of Health issued another statement about this post when it went viral for the second time.
They added the FAKE and PALSU overlays in red to make sure everyone understood that it’s fake.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Klang, Sandakan, Papar + Tuaran : Lock Down On 9 October!
- Sime Darby HQ Shut Down Because Of COVID-19
- SMK Taman Sea : Teacher Tested Positive For COVID-19?
- Tung Shin Hospital : 5 Patients Test Positive For COVID-19
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang, Putatan To Lock Down On 7 Oct!
- Paradigm Mall : Brands Outlet Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- 1 Utama : Mac City Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- Paradigm Mall : Brands Outlet Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Disgusting Bread Factory @ Taman Gembira Shut Down!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- NU Sentral Deep Cleaned After COVID-19 Infection!
- Sunway Pyramid Addresses Nike COVID-19 Case!
- IMR Finds D614G Mutation In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- A Driver’s Lucky Escape From A Falling Concrete Slab!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Did Canada Just Release Meng Wanzhou, HUAWEI CFO?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Kashi Mining Company Scam Exposed!
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Fact Check : Is Petronas Cheating At The Pumps Again?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!