Recently, two KFC employees lost their jobs because they posted a picture on Facebook reminding motorcyclists that the drive-thru lane is for cars.
That does not mean they were wrong. That was just KFC throwing their own staff under the proverbial bus, all because of misplaced social media outrage.
The fact is drive-thru lanes are for CARS, not motorcycles!
Drive-thru or drive-through lanes were invented in the United States in the 1930s by Jordan Martin, as a way for customers to purchase goods without leaving their cars.
It started with a drive-up window teller at the Grand National Bank of St. Louis, Missouri, and have expanded to fast food outlets across the world.
The modern version now involves you driving to a speaker phone on a wall, where you make your purchase, which you then pay for and pick up at a window down the lane.
Drive-Thru Lanes Are For CARS, Not Motorcycles!
Now, let us be clear – drive-thru lanes have ALWAYS been designed for cars. Not motorcycles.
- The intercom / speaker phone system is placed at a height suitable for cars.
- The trigger pad (built under the lane next to the speaker phone system) will not trigger with motorcycles, bicycles or pedestrians.
In fact, many establishments have policies that REFUSE service to pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists for safety, insurance and liability reasons.
So yes, these two girls were ABSOLUTELY CORRECT to point out to motorcyclists that they should not use the drive-thru lane.
Apparently, they posted that picture after motorcyclists complained that no one attended to them. Of course, Captain Obvious – who would know that you are there, when your motorcycle is too light to trigger the trigger pad?
As explained by DanielKazuto Chan, who used to work at KFC :
Usually when a car pull over at the Order Station, the system will send a ”Bell” or ”Ring” sound to the workers so they can proceed to assist with your order.
But when our system didn’t detect a vehicle like a motorcycle, our system didn’t alert us and we continue to work on other things.
As a result, the workers didn’t assist you with your orders when they are busy taking order at the counters or helping making other orders.
Unfortunately, some Malaysian motorcyclists felt offended by their post, believing that they were looking down on their social status. They started a campaign to pressure KFC Malaysia, who folded like a cheap suit and fired the two girls.
Congratulations, keyboard warriors. You have discovered the power of social media, and KFC Malaysia’s lack of moral fibre.
But if you ever wonder why the drive-thru staff isn’t responding, or even worse – get into an accident at the drive-thru, please remember – these girls TRIED to warn you.
- Irmaos Fuinha : Thank These IDIOTS For Skull Breaker!
- Skull Breaker Challenge Killed This Girl : Warn Your Kids!
- Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge : One Mother’s Warning!
- Tripping Jump (Skull Breaker) Challenge : Warn Your Kids!
- Tesco 101st Anniversary Scam Exposed!
- Get 10,000 FREE TNG RFID Tags At These Shell Stations!
- Fake TNB Contractor Asking To Inspect / Change Meter!
- Robbers Rammed Couple After Getting Caught In The Act!
- Robbers Pretending To Be Gov Officers Hoax Debunked!
- Dabbing : Does It Turn Teenagers Into Devil Worshippers?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- Magistrate Court SCAM ALERT! Ignore These Calls!
- Princeton University Fridge Magnets Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Famous People Who Mocked God Hoax Debunked!
- The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained!
- The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked!
- The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Scare – The Truth & Facts!
- Steve Jobs’ Last Words – The Hoax & The Truth!
- The Brazilian Pastor’s Holy Milk Hoax Debunked!
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Did Al Franken Get A Jew Call Warning Of 9/11 Attacks?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Kinder Joy wax coating causes cancer
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!