EkoCheras Mall just announced that a tower resident tested positive for COVID-19, while another resident has been quarantined.
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned!
EkoCheras Mall : One Resident COVID-19 Positive, Another Quarantined
On 8 December 2020, EkoCheras Mall announced that a resident at the EkoCheras Mall Residence tested positive for COVID-19, and another resident has been quarantined.
The Residence tower is directly connected to EkoCheras Mall, and there is concern that the affected resident(s) may pose a danger to other shoppers.
However, EkoCheras Mall Management is assuring the public that they conduct “daily disinfecting, sanitising and cleaning works” of the common areas.
Here is the official announcement by EkoCheras Mall on their COVID-19 exposure :
Positive Covid-19 Case Reported at EkoCheras Towers
Pursuant to the memo issued by the EkoCheras property management team today that they are informed by the Jabatan Kesihatan Cheras that one of the apartment occupants has a confirmed Covid-19 case and another occupant to be quarantined.
The EkoCheras Mall Management are just made aware of this and would like to reassure all shoppers, residents, tenants and staff that precautionary actions is in place daily, twice a day.
In addition, we wish to reiterate and clarify that the EkoCheras Mall Management conducts daily disinfecting, sanitising and cleaning works of all baby rooms, toilets, lifts, lift buttons, lift handrails, benches, surfaces and contact points as well as having sanitising stations and temperature taking at all entrances to the mall.
We hope that all tenants, residents, shoppers and staff alike continue to practice good hygiene, wash your hands, sanitise, wear your mask, maintain social distancing and seek medical attention if you are unwell.
Your safety and well-being remain as our utmost priority always.
EkoCheras Mall COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
There is a valid concern that the affected resident(s) may have frequented the mall, or the nearby Cheras LeisureMall.
Needless to say, the Ministry of Health and EkoCheras Mall will be conducting contact tracing, and those identified to be close contacts will be contacted and asked the quarantine and get tested.
Again, this serves as a reminder of the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the daily cleaning operation will definitely clean the mall of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- 384 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 December 2020
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan With 163 Cases!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Glenmarie Golf Club : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- CMCO Business Activities Extended To 12 AM, Except Sabah!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Was This Couple Fined For Sitting Together In Their Car?
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Trump Check : Is America Rounding The Turn On COVID-19?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!