The Malaysian government just ordered an Administrative EMCO (Enhanced Movement Control Order), locking down 28 towns in Kedah and the Tawau Prison!
Administrative EMCO Declared In Kedah
Kedah has been struck by multiple COVID-19 clusters in recent weeks – Telaga, Tawar, Meranti, Muda, Kurau, and of course, the notorious Sivagangga cluster that accounted for some 45 cases.
The latest Sungai Cluster started at a medical center in Kedah. The index case (Case 9455) was a healthcare worker at the medical center, symptomatic since 30 August but did not seek treatment. A screening test was performed on 5 September, and it came back positive for COVID-19.
The second case of the cluster (Case 9456) is also a healthcare worker at the same medical center, and close contact of the index case. This case was symptomatic on 5 September and was screened, and found to be positive.
To stop the spread of COVID-19 cases in Kedah, the Malaysian government ordered an Administrative EMCO (Enhanced Movement Control Order) on 28 towns in the Kota Setar district in Kedah :
The Administrative EMCO for those 28 Kedah counties will kick off at 12:01 on 11 September 2020 and last until 25 September 2020.
These are the restrictions during the Administrative EMCO in Kedah :
- the Bukit Kayu Hitam international entry point will be shut down
- no interstate travel into, or out from, Kedah is allowed
- the Alor Setar Utama and Alor Setar Selatan tolls will be shut down
- ferry operations in Kuala Kedah will be halted
- religious centres will be closed
- universities, kindergartens and vocational training centres will be closed
- factories must request permission from the police before they are allowed to operate
- only stores providing essential services – groceries, petrol stations, clinics, hospitals – will be allowed to operate
- clinics and hospitals are allowed to open 24 hours a day
- food operators are only allowed to provide take-away – no dine-in allowed
- petrol stations, pharmacies and grocery shops are allowed to open from 8 AM until 8 PM
- sporting, social and recreational activities are not allowed
- night markets are not allowed to open
- daily markets are allowed to open from 6 AM until 2 PM
- only one member of the family is allowed to go out to buy supplies.
Administrative EMCO Declared In Tawau Prison
The Tawau prison in Sabah will also be placed under Administrative EMCO, from 12:01 on 11 September 2020 until 25 September 2020.
The Lahad Datu Benteng Cluster was first identified in the jail of the District Police Headquarters in Lahad Datu, Sabah.
In the first screening of 50 prisoners on 28 August, they detected 7 positive cases. However, that cluster has now resulted in :
- 83 cases (40 new cases today alone) in Tawau Prison, with 1201 individuals waiting for their test results
- 87 cases in Lahad Datu, with 392 individuals waiting for their test results
However, this lockdown will only affect the prisoners, prison staff and their family members who live within the prison area.
- The Kashi Mining Company Scam Exposed!
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Why Morgue Employees Won’t Get Cremated By Mistake
- Fact Check : Is Petronas Cheating At The Pumps Again?
- New Malaysia SOP For Travelling Is FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!
- Civil Defence COVID-19 Team @ Kuching International Airport
- Sarawak : New COVID-19 Quarantine Policy In August!
- There Is NO Fine For Not Wearing Face Mask In Your Car!
- This Man With Pink Wristband Did NOT Break Quarantine!
- Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Do They Pose?
- Dirty Tempe Factory In Batu Caves Shut Down!
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Why Would Donald Trump Attack Top Glove On Twitter?
- Another Boy Killed In Pakistan Making TikTok Video!
- You Can Now Use Wheeled Cabin Luggage On AirAsia!
- Malaysian Karen Threatens IKEA Boycott Over LGBT Bag!
- myBurgerLab : A Cyberbully Who Weaponised Social Media?
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- Limkokwing University Hit By Teaching Permit Accusation!
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed!
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Car Catching Fire From Hand Sanitiser Hoax Debunked!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!