Are Malaysian police officers targeting car drivers, issuing them fines if they are caught not wearing a face mask while driving?
Find out why people are outraged about this new viral claim, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : You’ll Be Fined RM1000 For Not Wearing A Face Mask In Your Car!
This startling warning went viral on social media today, and why not?
It claims that the Malaysian police are issuing RM1,000 fines to car drivers who do not wear a face mask while driving!
No, There Is NO Fine For Not Wearing Face Mask In Your Car!
At this moment, this is just another Internet hoax.
In the future, the Malaysia government could possibly insist that we all wear face masks in our cars, but at the moment – this is NOT TRUE.
That’s why we intentionally placed a HOAX overlay to the screenshot above, to avoid it from being further shared.
Fact #1 : Compulsory Wearing Of Face Mask Only Starts In August!
On 23 July 2020, Senior Defence Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that the face mask will be mandatory in these public spaces starting 1 August 2020.
- Inside public transportation
- Crowded public spaces
- Areas where social distancing is impossible
Those who flout the mandatory face mask rule will be subject to a fine of up to RM 1,000. However, this new requirement doesn’t start until August 2020.
So it would not be possible for Malaysian police officers to issue fines to anyone not wearing a face mask right now.
Fact #2 : No Requirement To Wear A Face Mask In Your Car
While we will soon be required to wear a face mask in public spaces, there is NO REQUIREMENT to wear a face mask in your own car.
You are only required to wear a face mask inside public transportation, not a private vehicle.
Fact #3 : No One Got Fined For Not Wearing Face Masks Yet
The Malaysian police have been actively warning people against breaking the government’s COVID-19 preventive measures.
They have shared news in mass media and even on social media about the massive fines they issued to those who violated the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Regulations 2020.
Yet there has been no report of the police issuing fines for not wearing a face mask inside a car.
That is partly because face masks are not yet mandatory, and partly because there is no such requirement to wear a face mask inside your own car!
Fact #4 : Face Masks Are Mandatory In School Bus / Van
The Malaysia Transportation Ministry SOP issued on 9 July 2020 makes face masks mandatory in school buses and vans.
Both the driver, as well as the students, must wear a face mask while they are in the school bus / van.
Fact #5 : Face Masks Are Mandatory In Taxi / E-Hailing Vehicle
The Malaysia Transportation Ministry SOP issued on 23 June 2020 makes face masks mandatory in taxis and e-hailing vehicles.
Both the driver, as well as passengers, must wear a face mask while they are in the school bus / van.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Sarawak : New COVID-19 Quarantine Policy In August!
- This Man With Pink Wristband Did NOT Break Quarantine!
- Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Do They Pose?
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Malaysia Is NOT YET In 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 Infections
- Dirty Tempe Factory In Batu Caves Shut Down!
- Phone Hack Fact Check : Argentina Is Doing It?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Why Would Donald Trump Attack Top Glove On Twitter?
- Limited Malaysia-Singapore Travel Allowed From 10 August!
- Another Boy Killed In Pakistan Making TikTok Video!
- You Can Now Use Wheeled Cabin Luggage On AirAsia!
- Malaysian Karen Threatens IKEA Boycott Over LGBT Bag!
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Old Robber Targeting Motorists In Penang : No Such Thing!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- Illegal Chicken Processing Facility In Cheras Shut Down!
- Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Disgusting Yong Tau Foo Factory Shut Down!
- Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!