WARN EVERYONE – scammers are sending out fake Public Bank SMS messages!
Please do NOT click or call if you receive any of these fake SMS messages!
Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
Whether you are a Public Bank customer or not, you may receive one of these alarming SMS messages :
RM0 PBB/PIBB: Your PBB account will TERMINATED on 02Dec20 01:30:00 AM. Please make verification via http://www.mypbebank.cc to avoid service interruption. Verify now keep on using PBB services.
RM0 Credit Cash out RM3,000 form card ending no 7102 successful on 01 DEC. Information system sending. Call PBB 1800-81-9566 for any query
If you receive any of these SMS messages, please DO NOT click on the link, or call the number. JUST IGNORE THEM, or delete them.
Note : These scams do not just affect Public Bank. In fact, all banks are affected :
- THREE Fake CIMB Bank Call + SMS Scams!
- Watch Out For The Alliance Bank & CIMB Phone Scam!
- Watch Out For This Maybank Personal Loan Scam!
Public Bank : How To Identify Fake SMS Messages
With a little help from Public Bank, let’s show you how to identify fake SMS messages.
If you spot any of these warning signs, BACK OFF and DO NOT PROCEED!
Warning Sign #1 : Grammatical Mistakes
Read the two SMS messages above, and you can easily spot numerous grammatical mistakes. A bank will never send such poorly worded messages to their customers.
Warning Sign #2 : Embedded Links
Banks will NEVER embed links (URLs) into the message. If you see embedded links, always think – SCAM SMS!
Warning Sign #3 : Wrong Links
And always check the link – www.mypbebank.cc is not the correct address for the Public Bank website (www.pbebank.com)
Warning Sign #4 : No Personal Login Phrase / Picture
To avoid phishing attacks, banks now give you a secret response (like a picture or a phrase) to confirm that you are visiting their legitimate website.
If the website you are visiting gives you the wrong picture or secret phrase, you have been tricked into visiting a fake website designed to mimic the real bank website.
You should also remember that the bank website must show you secret picture or phrase right after you enter your login, but BEFORE you key in your password.
If you are asked to key in your password without the website displaying the secret phrase or picture, you have been tricked into visiting a fake website designed to mimic the real bank website.
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- 422 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 15 December 2020
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- No Travel Restrictions From 7 December But Must Follow SOP!
- Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan With 163 Cases!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Was CMCO / PKPB Extended To 31 December 2020?
- Did PKPD / EMCO In Malaysia Get Extended To 3 January?
- Hairstylist Possibly Infects 48 In House Calls, Holiday with COVID-19!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!