FamilyMart just announced that a major supplier of their ready-to-eat foods has multiple COVID-19 cases.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
On 13 January 2021, FamilyMart announced that multiple employees at a major supplier of their ready-to-eat foods tested positive for COVID-19.
They did not reveal how many employees were infected, only that the supplier has sanitised their premises and quarantined all of their staff with immediate effect.
This has no effect on FamilyMart employees. However, there will be disruptions to their ready-to-eat food supply for the next seven (7) days.
Items like bentos, onigiris, sandwiches and baked goods (bread) may be limited, or not available, for the next 7 days.
FamilyMart Supplier COVID-19 Cases : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by FamilyMart on their supplier’s COVID-19 cases :
We are sad to inform you that one of our major suppliers has confirmed COVID-19 cases. They immediately sanitised their premises and voluntarily quarantined all staff with immediate effect as a precautionary measure. As a result, there will be disruptions to our ready-to-eat food supply for the next seven (7) days. Some affected items would be bentos, onigiris, sandwiches and baked goods (breads).
While FamilyMart stores remain open according to the revised operational hours during the MCO period, the wellbeing of our customers, staff, and those at our suppliers is of utmost importance to us. We hope you will bear with our empty ready-to-eat shelves as we put safety for the betterment of everybody above everything else.
Please do check the link below for the store operation hours near you. We sincerely thank you for the support the FAM has shown us and look forward to serving you some of your favourites once again after this.
Please join us in wishing all affected, a speedy recovery.
Take care, Avoid 3C, Practise 3W.
Together, we can get through this challenging period.
THE MANAGEMENT OF FAMILYMART MALAYSIA
FamilyMart Supplier COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
There has been no evidence so far that SARS-CoV-2 spreads through fomites. So there is no risk in purchasing ready-to-eat foods from FamilyMart.
Since no FamilyMart employees are affected, there is also no risk in purchasing necessities from their stores.
Just make sure you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
You should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm?
- The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- 555 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 11 January 2021
- ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Maxim Dim Sum Pekaka : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Maybank Taman Malim Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Bursa Malaysia : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer M-City : Cashier Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 151066 Cases, 115227 Healed, 586 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 155095 Cases, 117375 Healed, 594 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 161740 Cases, 122344 Healed, 605 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: All Of Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Will Be Under MCO / PKP! | Rojak Pot