There is a collaborative #FilmYourHospital effort to share photos and videos of empty hospitals as proof that COVID-19 does not exist.
Find out if those photos and videos of empty hospitals are real, and if COVID-19 is a fake virus / crisis!
#FilmYourHospital : Why Are Hospitals Empty?
People are sharing videos and pictures of empty hospitals on Twitter and YouTube with the hashtag #FilmYourHospital, as evidence that COVID-19 is not a real virus or crisis.
Many question why hospitals would be empty if the media (often portrayed as lying) are reporting that many people are sick, and healthcare workers are overwhelmed.
They are also sharing stories of how healthcare workers are being furloughed or laid off, which would not make sense if there are many people sick with COVID-19.
Many appear to be American conservatives, or pro-Trump supporters, suggesting that COVID-19 is a plot to take down Donald Trump.
Bizarrely, some even called for the arrest of Dr. Anthony Fauci (#ArrestFauci) and Bill Gates (#ArrestGates), while others blamed 5G towers.
#FilmYourHospital : TLDR Conclusion
For those who are too lazy to read, here is the short and sweet conclusion – hospitals are empty because they are preparing for COVID-19.
COVID-19 is a PANDEMIC, which means it has spread globally. For this to be a conspiracy, it would require herculean coordination amongst the 210 countries currently affected by COVID-19.
Hundreds of thousands of people would have to conspire to lie to the entire world, and for what? To deprive you of your freedom? To build more 5G towers? To force you to get vaccinated?
Would you be surprised to learn that this #FilmYourHospital hype is profitable? One YouTuber said it clearly in a comment “The motive here is to get my videos promoted, get more subscribers and make a little extra cash…”
But if you still believe that COVID-19 is a lie and a conspiracy, just remember one thing – suicide is meant to be a solitary hobby.
#FilmYourHospital : The Empty Hospital Hoax Debunked!
Now, let’s debunk this mishmash of conspiracy theories about empty hospitals and fake media reports on the COVID-19 crisis.
Fact #1 : Hospitals Need To Empty Out For COVID-19
COVID-19 is highly-contagious, and thus, COVID-19 patients cannot be kept in the same ward as other patients. They need to be isolated from other patients.
Therefore, hospitals have to clear out dedicated floors or wards to cater to COVID-19 patients. That’s why hospitals appear empty.
Fact #2 : Hospitals Cancelled Elective Surgeries + Procedures
To avoid infections and a higher risk of death, hospitals have cancelled elective surgeries and procedures, including scans and tests.
This has greatly reduced the number of people going to hospitals, which is why hospitals now appear empty.
Fact #3 : Healthcare Staff Not Involved In COVID-19 Are Now Redundant
Unfortunately, cancelling elective surgeries and procedures means a great loss of income for these hospitals, which in the United States are profit-based.
To reduce their losses, many hospitals have quickly furloughed employees who are not directly involved in the treatment of COVID-19 patients. The Washington Post earlier reported that :
- Bon Secours Mercy Health (51 hospitals) furloughed 700 workers
- Ballad Health (21 hospitals) furloughed 1300 employees, and cut pay for executives.
- Children’s National Hospital in DC forced employees to take one week off.
Hospital executives also claim that these furloughs will reduce the number of people in their hospitals and help to reduce the spread.
Fact #4 : Hospital Tents Are Empty Because They Are Triage Tents
The large tents outside hospitals are empty because they are used for triage, not for treating or keeping patients.
People coming to hospitals will be assessed at these triage tents, and then moved inside to either a hot / red zone (if they are deemed to have COVID-19 symptoms), or a safe / green zone (if they have non-COVID medical issues).
For privacy reasons, these tents are fully covered, so there’s no way to know how many people are inside. Commentators who claim that they are empty must have x-ray eyes…
Fact #5 : There Are No Queues Because There’s A Lockdown!
People who pointed out the lack of queues at the hospitals / triage tents conveniently “forget” that there are stay-at-home or shelter-in-place lockdown orders in place.
Smart people who do not want to get infected by COVID-19 are therefore staying at home. That is also why there are very few people, or none at all, walking nearby (if you watch carefully when their videos pan).
Fact #6 : COVID-19 Patients Are Being Isolated
Again, COVID-19 is highly-contagious, so hospitals will isolate patients or potentially-infected patients in an isolated section, away from everyone else.
Smarty-pants conspiracy theorists who fake injuries to get into a hospital will be shunted to a waiting room for non-COVID cases.
And this “green” or “safe” waiting room will be empty, partly because elective surgeries and procedures have been cancelled or delayed, and partly because lockdown orders mean that people are staying home unless they have a serious injury.
Fact #7 : NO ONE Is Allowed To Take Photos / Videos Of Patients!
Some conspiracy theorists tried lying their way into hospitals and isolation wards to take photos or videos of patients, and were evicted.
They would then point out that this is evidence the hospital or police or government were trying to cover up their lies.
The fact is privacy laws, including HIPAA in the United States, require that hospital staff stop people from taking photos or videos of patients.
Such laws actually apply to the hospital staff as well, not just members of the public. NO ONE has the right to take photos or videos of a patient without his/her consent.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- McDonald’s Malaysia Voucher Scam EXPOSED!
- Fact Check : Out-Of-Control Crowd @ Johor Bahru CIQ!
- Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants Debunked!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- Thai King Death From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- Bomohs Combine Powers To Trap COVID-19 Toyol!
- Did This Malaysian Student Die From COVID-19 In London?
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!