As well as announcing that the Model Y is now available for order in Malaysia, Tesla also listed 11 Supercharger locations!
Tesla Supercharger : What Is It?
The Tesla Supercharger is a fast-charging station for Tesla and compatible electric vehicles, that delivers up to 250 kW of high-voltage direct current power. Think of the Supercharger as an electric “refuelling” station for your Tesla car.
Tesla Superchargers allow you to quickly recharge your electric vehicle – a 15 minute recharge can add up to 261 km / 200 miles of range. Not as fast as refuelling an internal combustion engine vehicle at the petrol station, but much faster than charging at home!
While some Tesla cars come with free supercharging for life, most models have annual or one-time credits. Then users are billed by the energy consumed. On top of that, an idle fee may be charged if you leave your car plugged into the Supercharge after charging is complete.
Globally, there are over 45,000 Supercharger stations, making it the largest fast charging network in the world. But there are currently none in Malaysia…
Recommended : Tesla Model Y : Price + Options In Malaysia Revealed!
Tesla Lists 11 Supercharger Locations In Malaysia!
On Friday, 14 July 2023, Tesla started opening the order book for three Tesla Model Y trims in Malaysia, with delivery estimated to take place only in early 2024.
While Tesla did not announce it, its website now lists 11 Supercharger locations that it plans to install in Malaysia.
- Perai, near the intersection between the Butterworth-Kulim Expressway (BKE) and Jalan Permatang Pauh
- Ipoh, along the PLUS North-South Highway, near Jalan Tambun
- Bukit Tunku, along Jalan Kuching, near Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar (formerly Mahameru)
- Along Jalan Sultan Ismail, next to the Klang River
- Bukit Bintang, near the Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Raja Chulan intersection
- Cheras, on the MEX Highway, near Jalan Cheras.
- Bukit Jalil, near the Lebuhraya Bukit Jail and Jalan Barat intersection at Technology Park Malaysia.
- Petaling Jaya – near the intersection between the KESAS and LDP highways in Puchong
- Dengkil, along the ELITE highway
- Along the PLUS North-South Highway, near Jalan Rantau-Pedas
- Iskandar Puteri, along the Second Link Expressway, near the Tanjung Pelepas Highway
Please note that these locations are subject to change, and their target opening dates have not been announced. However, it is highly likely that all eleven locations will go “live” by the time the first Tesla Model Y cars are delivered to their owners.
While Tesla has only revealed 11 locations so far, you can count on it to add more over time. After all, Singapore already has ten Supercharger stations!
In addition, these 11 Tesla Superchargers only cover the West coast of Peninsular Malaysia, with zero coverage on the East coast, and none in Sabah and Sarawak.
- Can Drinking Fermented Tea Prevent COVID-19?!
- Tesla Model Y Price + Upgrades In Malaysia Revealed!
- Should Stevens-Johnson Syndrome From Vaccine Worry You?!
- Is JPJ Installing AES CCTV Cameras With AI Tech?!
- Was Pfizer mRNA Vaccine Shown To Cause Turbo Cancer?!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!