Does this viral video show the massive damage caused by riots over the 2023 pension reforms in France?!
Take a look at the viral video, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : Viral Video Shows Pension Riot Damage In France!
People are sharing a video which purportedly shows the massive damage caused by riots over the 2023 pension reforms in France!
Truth : Viral Video Does NOT Show Pension Riot Damage In France!
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS shared on WhatsApp, Telegram and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : This Is An Old Video
First, let me just point out that the viral video clip was recorded in Paris, but is not new.
The original video was recorded on Saturday, 24 December 2022, and is therefore unrelated to the 2023 protests over pension reforms in France.
It appears to have been recorded and posted by Rémy Buisine, a French journalist.
Fact #2 : The Riot Occurred After Attack On Kurdish Cultural Center
The riot captured in the video video occurred one day after a man opened fired at the Ahmet-Kaya centre – a Kurdish cultural centre on Rue d’Enghien in the 10th arrondissement of Paris. The gunman also fired at a hairdresser’s and a restaurant on that street. One woman and two men were killed, and at least three other people were seriously injured.
The gunman was a 69 year-old retired train driver who has been described as a “white supremacist” who had recently been released from detention while awaiting trial for a sabre attack on two Sudanese refugees at a refugee camp in Paris a year ago.
In response, the Kurdish Democratic Council in France (CDK-F) called for people to gather at the Republic Square for a protest. Protesters later clashed with riot police near the scene of the shootings.
Recommended : Did Vladimir Putin Kneel Before Xi Jinping?!
Does this video show damage caused by protest over 2023 pension reforms in France?! 🤔
Here is my fact check : https://t.co/sDRggspXav#TechARP #France #Paris #Pension #Protest #Riot #Police #Viral #Video #Facts #FactsMatter #FactCheck #Hoax #Fake #FakeNews #Propaganda #Macron pic.twitter.com/8MbRKypD3n
— Dr. Adrian Wong (@DrAdrianWong) March 28, 2023
Fact #3 : This Riot Was Much Smaller Than 2023 Pension Reform Protests
This December 2022 riot appears to be very violent, with several cars overturned and at least one car on fire. However, it was a short-lived riot, and involved only hundreds of Kurds near the location of the shooting in Paris.
The 2023 pension reform protests are much larger, involving over a million strikers and demonstrators all over France, and has been ongoing since January 19. While they set fire to garbage and damaged some storefronts, there appears to be less violence and damage.
Fact #4 : This Is Just Another Example Of Pro-Russia Propaganda
This appears to be yet another example of fake news created to mock France for its support of Ukraine, and mislead people about the carnage Russia is wreaking in its invasion of Ukraine.
Here is just the latest dozen the other Russian and Chinese propaganda articles and videos that I looked at so far:
- Was BBC Journalist Pretending To Be In Danger?!
- Does CGTN Video Prove US Blew Up Nord Stream?!
- Did Russia Destroy NATO Jets, Helicopters In Ukraine?!
- Did Mossad Just Admit NATO Is Losing Ukraine War?!
- Are Nazis From Japan Fighting For Ukraine?!
- Did Russia Destroy NATO Arms Convoy To Ukraine?!
- Did Xi Jinping Divorce His Wife To Serve China?!
- Did US Paint Chinese Balloon Kill On F-22 Fighter Jet?!
- Can You Buy China Spy Balloon On Alibaba For $18?!
- Why US Shot Down Chinese Spy Balloon With Missile!
- China Caught Lab Workers Paid To Spread Covid-19?!
- Did 9 Countries Issue Travel Warning On US Violence?!
Please help us fight fake news – SHARE this article, and SUPPORT our work!
- SSPN Tax Relief Extended Until 2024!
- Is Pope Francis Now A Fashion Star?!
- Does Mahameru Pagoda Flower Bloom Every 400 Years?!
- Why Utah State Player Josh Davis Suddenly Collapsed!
- Did Melanie Laurent Just Die Suddenly?!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!