Jaya Grocer just announced that another employee at their Gardens Mall store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall : Another Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 18 January 2021, Jaya Grocer announced that four (4) employees at their Gardens Mall store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 30 January 2021, Jaya Grocer announced that another employee at their Gardens Mall store tested positive for COVID-19.
The employee last reported to work on 27 January 2021, and tested positive at 7:30 PM on 30 January 2021.
Jaya Grocer decided to close their Gardens Mall store, until further notice, for cleaning and sanitisation. It will also allow them to test all of their staff there.
This is the ninth Jaya Grocer outlet to be affected by COVID-19, after DPulze Cyberjaya, Mutiara Tropicana, Empire Shopping Gallery, Damansara Perdana, Intermark Mall, KL East Mall, Glo Damansara, KLIA2, and 1 Utama.
Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Jaya Grocer on the COVID-19 exposure at their Gardens Mall store.
Dear Valued Customers,
At 7.30pm this evening, we learnt that one of our staff at Jaya Grocer The Gardens Mall tested positive for COVID-19. This staff last reported to work on Wednesday, 27th January 2021. As a precautionary measure, we immediately arranged for RT-PCR swab tests for all of our staff at Jaya Grocer The Gardens Mall.
While waiting for the RT-PCR swab test results, we have decided to close Jaya Grocer The Gardens Mall until further notice. During the time, Jaya Grocer The Gardens Mall will be cleaned and sanitised in accordance with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health by a government-approved, third-party company.
The safety of our customers and staff remains our utmost priority. We will keep you informed via social media.
Thank you for your continuous support. Please stay safe and healthy.
THE MANAGEMENT OF JAYA GROCER
Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall COVID-19 Case : What’s The Risk?
The risk would depend on whether the affected employee wore a face mask properly, maintained physical distance from customers and co-workers, as well as good hand hygiene.
The Ministry of Health will be tracing contacts, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
Let this be a reminder why it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times – they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
- 746 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 30 January 2021
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 29 January 2021
- Business Hours Extended, Night Markets + Logging Allowed!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Closed After One COVID-19 Case!
- Stellar Putrajaya Temporarily Closes Due To MCO 2.0
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : One COVID-19 Case Today!
- Jaya Grocer Empire Subang : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Poh Huat Factories Closed With 543 COVID-19 Cases!
- ISETAN KLCC : Two More Cases Of COVID-19!
- Equatorial Penang Will Close Down In March 2021
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Guards Positive For COVID-19!
- Eateries + Restaurants In MCO Areas Can Open Till 10 PM!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!