Resorts World Genting just confirmed that several of their employees tested positive for COVID-19, and other employees have been quarantined!
Find out what’s going on, and if you should be concerned!
Genting Highlands : Employees Positive For COVID-19!
Resorts World Genting just confirmed that several workers at their staff canteens tested positive for COVID-19.
After conducting contact tracing, they quarantined their other Genting Highlands employees who were in close contact.
This confirms the authenticity of this video that was shared with us yesterday. However, the message that was attached to it is FALSE.
The video appears to show Genting Highlands casino employees waiting to be quarantined after exposure to COVID-19.
The lady recording the video claimed that someone at the (staff) canteen was infected, so those who came into contact had to quarantine for 10 days.
She herself was quarantined because she was seen in the CCTV packing food from the canteen.
Resorts World Genting COVID-19 Cases : Official Statement
Here is Resorts World Genting’s official statement on the COVID-19 exposure at their resort.
7 January 2021
Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 at Genting Highlands
In early January, several workers at our staff canteens were tested RTK-Antigen positive. The affected workers were detected during our regular health and safety screening and were immediately isolated. Contact tracing is in progress and for precaution, we have asked some employees who have been to these canteens, be accommodated separately for a certain period. Meanwhile, we have reported the matter to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and will work closely with the authority to address this.
We have thoroughly sanitised and disinfected the staff canteens as well as any areas frequented by the workers. These canteens are not accessible to the public.
We assure everyone that SOPs are in place and will be continuously reviewed and enhanced to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all in Resorts World Genting. The resort remains open to the public.
We will continue to take the necessary precautionary measures as the health and safety of all our guests and employees have always been our utmost priority. We kindly advise everyone to remain vigilant and adhere to the SOPs issued by the government. This includes wearing a face mask, observing physical distancing, and adopting good personal hygiene practices at all times.
Resorts World Genting COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
Unfortunately, Resorts World Genting did not reveal how many of their employees were quarantined, where and when they worked, and their test results.
Customer-facing employees pose the greatest risk to visitors, but that risk will be greatly reduced if both the affected employees and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
Needless to say, they will be tracing contacts of the positive cases, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While resorts and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
You should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 521 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 January 2021
- Maybank Alor Setar Main : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- Mahkota Medical Centre Employee Positive For COVID-19
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : One COVID-19 Case!
- Korea Plaza : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG The Linc : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!