The new George Floyd Challenge is not only dangerous, it is extremely racist. Find out what this social media challenge is all about, and why you should NOT do it!
Please share this article to warn your family and friends. Don’t let them ruin their lives and future for a stupid and racist challenge!
George Floyd Challenge : More Social Media Stupidity!
The George Floyd Challenge is the latest social media inanity that has cost quite a few people dearly.
The challenge encourages people to take and share pictures and videos of themselves as they kneel on another person’s neck, just like what Derek Chauvin did to George Floyd.
It was started by Officer Chauvin’s supporters as a way to “prove” that he could not possibly be responsible for George Floyd’s death by kneeling on his neck.
George Floyd Challenge : So Dangerous + Racist!
Derek Chauvin’s supporters insist that he could not have caused George Floyd’s death by kneeling on his neck. So they came up with the George Floyd Challenge – to prove that opinion, and to mock his death.
No one should perform it because it can injure or even kill the play-victim. Parents should definitely warn their children not to mimic these idiots!
Even if you lack empathy, understand that performing this racist act will ruin your life. Your reputation and future will be destroyed if you do this.
Don’t believe me? Look at what happened to those who performed this racist and dangerous challenge!
27 May 2020
The first public example was probably what Dave Hollenbeck, a school wrestling coach, posted on 27 May 2020 :
Dave was quickly dismissed by the Bethel School District. And even when he tried to start a GoFundMe campaign, it was quickly deactivated, with just $50 raised.
28 May 2020
Two construction workers and seniors at the Legacy Christian Academy in Bethel, Minnesota, posted this picture of their George Floyd Challenge, saying “Ivan said he can fully breathe with all my weight on his neck”.
Shade Tree Construction’s owner Mark Strandlund was forced to publicly fire both workers, one of whom was his own son. Housing First Minnesota dropped Shade Tree Construction as a member anyway.
They were later identified as Ivan Fields (the man on the ground), and Austin Strandlund (owner’s son).
29 May 2020
Two high school seniors posted a video on Snapchat performing the challenge, with the caption “Aw ging can’t breathe“.
One girl is seen kneeling over the other, who shouts that she cannot breathe, while they both laugh. A third person can be heard cheering them on, saying, “You can do it!”
Both students were forced to rescind their enrolments into the University of Missouri and the Missouri State University.
30 May 2020
Three English teenagers posted a Snapchat video of their George Floyd Challenge, which was then shared on the Warwick University freshers Facebook page.
On 31 May 2020, the Northumbria Police arrested all three of them, and are investigating the incident as a hate crime.
And it looks like they will no longer be joining Warwick University, as planned…
30 May 2020
Evan Rolla, a fitness instructor at LA Fitness in West Palm Beach, Florida, posted his George Floyd Challenge pictures on Facebook. He lost his job.
2 June 2020
Two English men from north-east Fife posted this picture on Snapchat, with the caption “George floyd challenge 2020“. One of them was arrested by Police Scotland the next day.
2 June 2020
Two students from the Gray Stone Day School (Grades 6-12) posted this picture on Snapchat, with the caption “george floyd challenge“.
On 4 June 2020, the school posted this statement (partial) :
4 June 2020
This couple posted their version of the challenge on Facebook, with the man actually wearing a blue I Can’t Breathe t-shirt!
Paula McGuigan initially claimed she was hacked, but later removed her Facebook page and apologised for posting the picture :
4 June 2020
These two racist fools were identified as Sergio Gomez and Alejandro Taranzo, both students of the University of Maryland (UMD), which quickly responded on Friday, 5 May 2020 :
- US Protestors Breaking Into White House : Hoax Debunked!
- Spot The Difference : Hong Kong vs George Floyd Protestors!
- Did White Cops Arrest A Black Man Only To Find He’s FBI?
- KL Motorcycle Road Bullies With Fake Plates?
- 99 Speedmart COVID-19 Sudden Death Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Pos Malaysia : No Bonus Scam Exposed!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- Ji Shan Foundation Charity Scam Exposed!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Car Catching Fire From Hand Sanitiser Hoax Debunked!
- The Multi-Coloured Rosary Of Mother Teresa Hoax Debunked!
- GrabPay Scam Alert : Be Careful Of FAKE Friends!
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Hari Raya Rush @ Kenanga Wholesale City On CMCO Day 1?
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Kim Clement : Kim Jong-un Death Prophesy Failed Again
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment 😱
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- Face Mask Recycling Scammers Exposed!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- McDonald’s Malaysia Voucher Scam EXPOSED!
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants Debunked!
- Thai King Died From COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!