Ghana movie posters are FAMOUS for their incredibly garish and exaggerated take on the movies they try to portray!
Let’s take a look at some of the best Ghana movie posters and compare them to the actual movie posters. Tell us which YOU prefer! 😀
Ghana Movie Posters : What’s The Deal?
The famous hand-painted Ghana movie posters started in the 1980s, when makeshift (bootleg) mobile cinemas became popular.
To attract viewers, these intrepid entrepreneurs needed to advertise their movies, but they had one big problem – they did not have access to the original movie posters, or printing presses.
So they commissioned local artists to hand-paint movie posters on large, used flour sacks. Since the emphasis was to attract people, these artists often took creative licence in creating their works of art.
They often made the posters look as dramatic (read : crazy) as possible, even adding weapons, characters and scenes from other movies.
No wonder they now enjoy a cult following, with some original posters going for thousands of dollars!
Ghana Movie Posters vs Actual Movie Posters!
Here are some of the best Ghana movie posters, and the actual movie posters you may recall. Tell us which you prefer!
A Nightmare On Elm Street (Makosa Nima)
Freddy, the pickaxe killer!
Alien (007 Video Teshie)
Ridley twins get a bukkake?
E.T. (Manso Video Mamobi)
E.T marries Michael Jackson, and they have a family of Aliens.
Ghost Dog (Manso Video Mamobi)
Ghost Dog takes on Evil Dogs, and Forest Whitaker with a katana and laser eyes!
Indiana Jones (Slyfox Video At-Nkwanta)
Indiana Jones was not as exciting as King Solomon’s Mines, apparently!
Jurassic Park (Salvation Art Teshie)
I’m not sure which is scarier – dinosaurs that have octopus-like tongues, or Laura Dern hugging a giant Jeff Goldblum!
Mission Impossible (Manso Video Mamobi)
The Chinese version of Mission Impossible.
Mrs Doubtfire, killer housekeeper!
Predator (Royal Gate Ash)
How Bill Duke (Mac) lost his fingers on the first day of shooting…
Deloris Wilson, undercover nun!
Yes, kids, that’s how you play basketball – you try to shoot your opponents as you dribble the ball!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Tina Tana Nima)
The heroes in a half shell meets Rawhead Rex!
Severus Snape / John Wick takes on head-swapping alien!
The next evolution of Black Panther!
- The Iron Man Dance Hero Is So KEWT!
- Angry Birds Splash Water World : The Full Tour + Details!
- GSC Aurum Theatre : A Look Inside The Pinnacle Of Luxury!
- Why You Should NEVER Give Laser Pointers To Kids!
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- Man Gets Fined By AI Traffic Cam For Scratching Nose!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- KidZania eWallet To Teach Kids About Cashless Payments!
- Porsche Tri-Wing S-91x Pegasus Starfighter Revealed!
- HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 : Superior ANC For Voice + Audio!
- Edifier W828NB ANC Bluetooth Headphones Review!
- Behind Terminator Dark Fate : 3rd Gen AMD Threadripper!
- Netflix Teases Sex Education Season 2 : Video + Pictures!
- Experience Life of the Future with HUAWEI Smart Life Devices!
- The Present with Jun-myeon Kim, Seul-ki Kim + Su-bin Yoo!
- Edifier W860NB Colour Comparison : Black vs. Gold!
Go Back To > Home Tech + Entertainment | Home
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!