Giant announced that multiple employees at their Kota Damansara store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Giant Kota Damansara : Multiple Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 7 June 2021, Giant announced that multiple employees at their Kota Damansara store just tested positive for COVID-19.
They did not reveal how many staff members were infected, only that they last reported to work on 6 June 2021 and served in “multi-functional roles”.
Giant closed their Kota Damansara store for deep cleaning and sanitisation, and will reopen on Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 8 AM.
Giant Kota Damansara COVID-19 Cases : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Giant on the the COVID-19 cases at their Kota Damansara store.
Giant Kota Damansara COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who shopped at Giant Kota Damansara on or before 6 June 2021, should be wary and self-quarantine if possible.
The risk will be low if both the affected employee and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
The Ministry of Health will be conducting contact tracing for all positive cases, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
Let this be a reminder why it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times – they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
- RM2K Fine For Not Updating MySejahtera Status Every Day?
- SPM + SVM 2021 Examinations Delayed To 2022!
- PdPR (Online Learning) For All Schools Until July 2021!
- CERDIK Initiative Will Only Distribute ⅓ Laptops By June 2021!
- Did Pahang Man Get COVID-19 From Courier Package?
- Malaysia Approves AstraZeneca Vaccine By Siam Bioscience!
- Papparich In Malaysia Ordered To Wind-Up By High Court!
- MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
- Civil Servants : Fixed Allowance Cut For 3 Months!
- Lim Kok Wing, Limkokwing University Founder, Has Died!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!