Giant just announced that multiple employees at their Seri Kembangan store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Giant Seri Kembangan : Multiple Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 11 February 2021, Giant announced that multiple employees at their Seri Kembangan store just tested positive for COVID-19.
They did not reveal how many staff members were infected, only that they last reported to work on 11 February 2021 and “mostly” served in “back-end roles with minimal contact”.
Giant closed their Seri Kembangan store for deep cleaning and sanitisation, and will reopen on Saturday, 13 February 2021 at 8 AM.
Giant Seri Kembangan COVID-19 Cases : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Giant on the the COVID-19 cases at their Seri Kembangan store.
Giant Seri Kembangan COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who shopped at Giant Seri Kembangan on or before 11 February 2021, should be wary and self-quarantine if possible.
The risk will be low if both the affected employee and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
The Ministry of Health will be conducting contact tracing for all positive cases, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
Let this be a reminder why it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times – they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 936 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 11 February 2021
- MKN : Use MySejahtera, Not Log Book, Or Get Fined!
- MKN Allows Dining, Retail, Creative Industry, Sports Training
- J&T Express Package Wrapped With Pink Underwear!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- CNY Reunion Dinner SOP : Top 5 Questions Answered!
- Another U-Turn : Pub, Nightclub Cannot Sell Food Or Drinks!
- Warning : RM1K Fine If You Stand Too Close In A Queue!
- Chinese New Year SOP U-Turn Invites More Questions!
- J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut?
- Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down!
- Here Is The Updated Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Why The Chinese New Year SOP Lacks Common Sense!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!