Natural food “warriors” keep sharing a comparison of a GMO egg versus an organic egg, to show everyone how bad GMO eggs are… and how to identify an evil GMO egg.
But guess what – there’s no such thing as a GMO egg. Let us show you why!
The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison
A Big Organic public service announcement called “How to tell the difference between an organic egg and a GMO egg” has gone viral… again.
It was originally posted on September 30, 2015. But a year later, their post went viral again. Time and time again, people would start sharing it and it would go viral again.
Concerned Internet “food warriors” keep using this picture to warn people about bad GMO eggs, and how to check for a GMO egg.
Many of them have probably also discovered that the organic or free-range eggs they bought from the organic store exhibit the same greyish discolouration of the yolk.
Oh pandemonium! Have their favourite organic stores been selling them fake GMO eggs? Have they been feeding their family toxin-laden Franken-eggs all this while? Will they get cancer? Autism?
Don’t panic. The only thing at risk is your pride, because you have just been trolled. 😀
GMO Egg Does NOT Exist
There is no such thing as a GMO egg. Neither the eggs we consume, nor the chickens that lay them, are genetically-modified or bio-engineered.
But enough people have asked this incredibly important scientific question for both the USDA and the American Egg Board to assure the public that eggs are “GMO-free”.
Big Organic Is A Satire Page
Yes, Big Organic is not an actual organic food company. The name Big Organic is a parody of the alarmist labels popular with conspiracy theorists and “food warriors”, like Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big Bank, Big Government. Anyone who spent even a few seconds to poke around would have discovered their true nature. 😀
Their Facebook description page, for example, lists E. coli poisoning as their product. Even their mission is listed as “All your food will belong to us” – a play on the famous Engrish phrase “All your base are belong to us“.
There are also hilarious references to a quote by the infamously obtuse Food Babe, and the “good times” when all food was organic and contaminated with dangerous microorganisms.
Explain The Grey Discolouration Of The GMO Egg!
The two eggs in the Big Organic comparison are actually the same egg. They only look different because the egg on the left is a perfectly-cooked egg, while the egg on the right is an overcooked egg.
Here is a comparison of eggs cooked for different periods of time by Kristina the Former Chef. You can clearly see the yolk discolouration when it’s overcooked. It’s been described as greyish, greenish-grey, or even greenish in colour.
When you overcook the egg yolk, the iron in the yolk reacts with the sulfur in the egg white to form ferrous sulfide on the surface of the yolk. This usually happens when the yolk is cooked in excess of 77°C (170°F).
This natural and harmless chemical reaction occurs in all eggs, whether they are certified organic or otherwise. It is NOT a sign of genetic modification. It just means you overcooked your eggs. 😀
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- The Islamic Rage Boy Is A Mossad Agent Hoax Debunked!
- No, Alexander Graham Bell Did NOT Invent Hello!
- The Paracetamol Kills Vultures + Humans Hoax Debunked!
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- The Trump Photo On A Starbucks Floor Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For The Alliance Bank & CIMB Phone Scam!
- No, Robin Cook Did Not Say There Is No Al-Qaeda!
- Facebook Scam : Friends Asking To Borrow Money
- The Bangladeshi Malaysian Hoax Debunked!
- The Robbery Using Fake TNB Notice Debunked!
- Watch Out For This Maybank Personal Loan Scam!
- Did The Germans Abandon Cars To Protest Fuel Price?
- The Public Bank SMS Scam Exposed! Read + SHARE!
- The Pedigree Dog Adoption Scam Debunked! Read + SHARE!
- Kinder Joy Wax Coating Causes Cancer? Let’s Find Out!
- Does Sir Mean Slave I Remain? Let’s Find Out!
- The Hugh Jackman X-Men Comic Robbery Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For This Maybank Personal Loan Scam!
- The Secret Of Coating Fried Food In Plastic Revealed!
- Dabbing : Does It Turn Teenagers Into Devil Worshippers?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained!
- The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked!
- The Zota Tissue Paper Tablet Scare – The Truth & Facts!
- Steve Jobs’ Last Words – The Hoax & The Truth!
Go Back To > Hoaxes & Scams! | Home
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
It’s a funny debunk. Why doesn’t it have more shares?
Pingback: Why You Should NEVER Give Laser Pointers To Kids! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: The IMagery by Lesa Hall Photoshop Fail CONFIRMED! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: The USS Al Gore Frozen Boat Hoax Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysian Passport Renewal In Singapore : The Rojak Pot Guide! |
Pingback: The Secret Of Coating Fried Food In Plastic Revealed! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Robbery Using Fake TNB Notice Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Paracetamol Kills Vultures + Humans Hoax Debunked! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Hillary Clinton Affair With Yoko Ono Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Famous People Who Mocked God Hoax Debunked! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Is Your Bell Pepper Male Or Female : The Truth! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Tom Hanks COVID-19 Coronavirus Death Hoax Debunked! | Rojak Pot