Three golf clubs today announced that their staff or club members tested positive for COVID-19…
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned!
Subang National Golf Club (KGNS) : Cafe Owner Positive For COVID-19
On 17 December 2020, KGNS (Kelab Golf Negara Subang) – the Subang National Golf Club announced that the owner of Golfers’ Terrace tested positive for COVID-19.
He was present at the KGNS Golfers’ Terrace from 9 to 13 December 2020, and was in close contact of the staff there.
The KGNS Management immediately ordered the closure of their golf club from 8 PM, 17 December 2020 until 19 December 2020, to conduct a thorough sanitisation of Golfers’ Terrace and the common areas.
They are also conducting a detail contact tracing exercise. Those identified as a close contact will be asked to self-quarantine for 10 days, and undergo a COVID-19 test.
Danau Golf Club : One Member Positive For COVID-19
On 17 December 2020, the Danau Golf Club announced that one of their club members tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected member (P1) played golf on Wednesday, 16 December 2020, and was in close contact with 3 other club members and 1 staff member.
The Danau Golf Club Management will close today, 17 December 2020, to conduct a thorough sanitisation of their common areas.
P1 has been contacted by the Malaysia Ministry of Health (MOH) and quarantined accordingly. Those in close contact with P1 were also asked to self-quarantine.
Staffield Country Resort : One Member Positive For COVID-19
On 17 December 2020, Staffield Country Resort announced that one of their club members tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected member played golf on Sunday, 13 December 2020, and was in close contact with 3 other club members.
He tested positive on 16 December 2020, and informed Staffield Country Resort. The other 3 club members were asked to self-quarantine.
The Staffield Country Resort Management decided not to close their facilities, but have sanitised the areas patronised by the affected club member and three other members.
Their golf staff who were on duty on 13 December 2020 were also sent for COVID-19 swab test, and asked to self-quarantine pending their test results.
Golf Club COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
Because golf courses are generally not as crowded as public parks, the risk of exposure is often limited to their golf partners, caddies and other club members and staff they may interact with.
Needless to say, they will be conducting contact tracing with the Ministry of Health. And those identified as close contacts must self-quarantine and get tested for COVID-19.
Again, this serves as a reminder of the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the daily cleaning of the golf club facilities will definitely clean it of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
That is why we need to remember to always wear a face mask in public. Face masks have been proven to prevent the spread and reduce the risk of being infected.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- Arte Cheras : Kluster Tapak Bina Bulatan With 163 Cases!
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- MKN : No Special Seating / Face Mask Requirement In Car!
- Latest Petrol Station SOP For MySejahtera / Logbook
- RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!