You will soon be allowed to sweat out at your favourite gym, pound the football field, and enjoy a game of futsal or badminton, even if you are under CMCO / PKPB lockdown!
There are some caveats though… Let’s take a look at what was just announced!
Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
But the Malaysia Ministry of Youth and Sports just announced that you will soon be allowed to sweat out at your favourite gym, pound the football field, and enjoy a game of futsal or badminton, even if you are under CMCO / PKPB lockdown!
There are some caveats though…
Limited To Commercial Sports Facilities
During their special session today, the Malaysia National Security Council decided to allow owners and operators of commercial sports facilities in the areas under CMCO / PKPB lockdown to open again, specifically :
- commercial football fields
- futsal courts
- commercial badminton halls
Based on their emphasis on the COMMERCIAL nature of these sports facilities, this loosening of the SOP probably does not include non-commercial sports facilities like the gym and badminton court in many condos and integrated developments.
Starts Only Next Week
Before you rush off tomorrow to your gym, these commercial sports facilities are only allowed to start operating again on Monday, 19 October 2020.
SOP For These Commercial Sports Facilities
The Ministry of Youth and Sports also listed the SOP that these commercial sports facilities must comply with :
- No physical touching allowed, with physical distancing from 1 to 3 meters for static activities, and 3 to 5 meters for dynamic activities.
- The football field and futsal court must be used for training purposes only (not for competition), and limited to a maximum of 10 players at any one time.
- The facility operator must ensure that no more than 10 people can participate in any training at any one time.
- Gym and badminton hall operators must comply with existing SOP
– no sharing of equipment
– frequent sanitisation of equipment
– scheduling to limit the number of people at any one time
- Games and championships that involve contact sports are forbidden.
KBS Statement On Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton Facilities During CMCO
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- MyGCC Confirms DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info!
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info By MyGCC?
- Origani Staff Confirmed NEGATIVE For COVID-19!
- The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!