JPJ just announced a lorry ban, and that seven major traffic offences will be non-compoundable for the Hari Raya 2023 festive season!
Hari Raya 2023 : Traffic Offenders Will Be Sent To Court!
On Friday, 14 April 2023, the Malaysia Road Transport Department (JPJ) announced that seven traffic offences will be non-compoundable throughout the Hari Raya 2023 festive season.
Motorists who commit these seven offences from 18 to 27 April 2023 will no longer be allowed to just pay a fine, but will instead be referred to the courts.
- Using mobile phones while driving
- Running the red light
- Driving on the emergency lane
- Driving over the speed limit
- Overtaking on double lines
- Cutting queue
- Not wearing a seat belt
Recommended : 2023 Public + School Holidays For Malaysia!
Recommended : PDRM Offers Special RM50 Fine For Traffic Offences!
Recommended : Hari Raya 2023 : No Highway Tolls For Four Days!
Hari Raya 2023 : Lorries + Heavy Vehicles Banned!
JPJ also announced that lorries and other heavy vehicles will be banned from the roads during the Hari Raya 2023 festive season to reduce traffic congestion. The ban on heavy vehicles will last four days:
- two days from April 20 to 21
- two days from April 24 to 25
Category 1 : Banned From Road At All Times
- Car carrier, tipper, dumper, tipping (over 7,500 kg), low loader, pole trailer, bulk cement tanker, platform trailer, timber lorry, wheeled heavy machinery and tractor
- Lorry carrying cement, steel, stone, sand, soil, and other construction material, amang (tin dung), tin, coal and other minerals.
Category 2 : Allowed Only From Midnight To 8 AM
- Container lorry carrying goods, except container lorry carrying goods from port / airport to industrial zones in the same state, and vice versa.
- Lorry carrying electronics and electrical goods / industrial materials from port / airport to industrial zones in the same state, and vice versa.
- Lorry carrying oil palm and rubber produce from plantation to industrial zone.
- Cargo lorry without load.
Category 3 : Allowed Only From 6 PM To 8 AM
Limited to 25 km from construction site, subject to operating hours allowed on certain roads
- Mobile crane, and cement mixer
Exceptions : Wheeled heavy machinery and mobile crane are allowed if they are required for emergency work.
All other vehicles not mentioned above, or carrying goods not mentioned in the schedule above, are allowed to travel at any time.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Did UN call to decriminalise sex between adults + children?!
- Was Meghan Markle Stripped Of Royal Title + Banned From UK?!
- Did Joe Biden Snub UK PM Rishi Sunak In Ireland?!
- Did CNN Hide Video Of Ukraine Attacking Donetsk?!
- Did King Charles expel Meghan Markle from royal family?!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!